AOpen OpenBook 1557GLS
- Great performance, light weight
- Plain design
The reasonably-priced OpenBook 1557GLS is a classy product.
Price$ 2,799.00 (AUD)
The heart of this Centrino-branded (802.11b/g Wi-Fi-equipped) machine is a 1.8GHz Intel Pentium M processor, 512MB of 333MHz PC2700 DDR SDRAM, an 80GB 5400rpm Fujitsu hard disk and a multiformat DVD writer.
The 15" display supports a maximum resolution of 1400 x 1050 and graphics are served up by a 64MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 graphics controller.
The SYSMark 2001 and PC World Bench 5 productivity benchmarks returned high scores of 284 and 80 respectively, and 3DMark 2001 scored an amiable 8738.
This well-constructed model includes essentials like three USB slots, FireWire, 10/100 Ethernet, 56Kbps modem and support for one Type II PC Card. However it has nice touches too, such as S-Video TV-out, optical audio-out, an integrated multi-card reader and Windows-independent CD player and controls located atop the keyboard. Programmable shortcut buttons are on the right of the keyboard. Bundled extras include a Targus carry bag and AOpen mini optical mouse.
With a solid set of features and battery life at a reasonable weight and price, the 1557GLS is a classy offering.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Technical Support Executive - Level 1/2Other
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystVIC
- FTProduct Managers- Devices, End User Computing, Citrix, VDIOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther
- FTEngagement Specialist (Information Management/Land Access)Other
- FTPrinciple Health Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - Syd / MelbNSW
- FTAnalyst DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- CCSenior Internet Applications EngineerNSW
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Technical WriterOther
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- FTOrganisational Change Manager, ImplementationOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- CCLinux Administrator - TelcoVIC
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTData Warehouse Project ManagerVIC