AOC Verfino V22 LCD monitor
The AOC Verfino V22 offers good dynamic contrast -- and it's allegedly the world's thinnest LCD monitor.
- Attractive design, dynamic contrast is well implemented, good image quality
- No DVI, black levels could be better, glossy panel
AOC's Verfino V22 LCD monitor combines a stylish design and good image quality. The glossy panel does limit the monitor's placement, though.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Rejecting the square lines and dreary bezels of its competitors, AOC has made heads turn once again with the bold and stylish Verfino V22 LCD monitor. The fashionable design is supported by good image quality and a well-implemented dynamic contrast function. This monitor is suitable for games, movies and general multimedia use.
AOC appears to have taken design cues from LG's Scarlet LCD TV series with the Verfino V22, blending crimson with gloss black for an appealing bezel surrounded by a transparent border; it's a stylish design that we prefer over LG's Scarlet TVs. The wide bottom frame can be a little distracting during use, but the eye-catching bezel will be appreciated by the fashion-conscious.
The other eye-catching aspect of the Verfino V22 LCD monitor is how thin it is. Thanks to WLED backlighting, AOC has managed to create what it claims is the world's slimmest monitor. It's only 19mm thick, although at the bottom there is a slight bulge, increasing the depth to 27mm in order to accommodate the power and input connections. These connections — which include D-Sub, HDMI, USB and line-in ports — will add significantly to the monitor's overall footprint once used, but the Verfino V22's slim design is certainly appealing. The WLED backlighting also reduces the monitor's power consumption to an average 28 Watts during operation, compared to the 35-40W consumed by most 22in LCD monitors.
The AOC Verfino 22in LCD monitor has a 2ms response rate, a maximum resolution of 1680x1050 and a dynamic contrast ratio of 100,000:1. At 280cd/m2, its brightness is slightly inferior to the 300cd/m2 brightness found on many CCFL-backlit 22in LCD monitors.
AOC has integrated speakers, a microphone and a 1.3-megapixel webcam into the Verfino V22 LCD monitor. The speakers' maximum volume isn't particularly impressive and the webcam's clarity is often poor, but they are still commendable inclusions.
You can configure the monitor by pressing the monitor's power button; a silver ring around the button acts as a four-way navigation pad. The on-screen display provides brightness/contrast, image set up and colour temperature options, as well as the settings for dynamic contrast and AOC's ColorBoost technology. This option alters the individual red, green and blue spectrums to improve skin tones and landscapes, which allows for a more vibrant image in movies. Colour temperature settings include an sRGB preset, though other presets have descriptive labels like "warm" and "cool" rather than industry standard temperature indicators.
AOC's insistence on using glossy panels in its monitors limits their placement in well-lit areas. Provided you do find an adequate position, however, the Verfino V22 LCD monitor produces a good quality image to suit standard office tasks and some movie watching and gaming. Black levels could be better — they proved inconsistent across the display — but colours are vibrant once the monitor properly configured.
Most surprising is the implementation of dynamic contrast. After its initial adjustment, the function provides better contrast levels without noticeably altering backlight settings with every change in image brightness. Dynamic contrast is often poorly implemented in 22in monitors. Movies will benefit from the seamless transition delivered by the Verfino V22's dynamic contrast function.
Motion is handled well, with no noticeable ghosting, tearing or other aberrations. In both fast-paced movies and games, the Verfino V22 LCD monitor is a definite improvement over the AOC Zifas 2218Ph. Though the AOC Verfino V22 LCD monitor doesn't represent the pinnacle of WLED technology, it has low power consumption and a vibrant colour palette. If you're after a monitor that has a little more style than the standard fare, the Verfino V22 monitor offers both an appealing design and decent image quality.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChief Information Security OfficerVIC
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther
- CCC++ Developer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTPreSales / Offerings Solution Architect - BPS or BPONSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- FTIntegration AnalystNSW
- CCPega LSA - Banking IndustryVIC
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTProject Coordinator - PC DeploymentsOther
- FTBusiness Manager (Business Management & PMO)Other
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- CCITSM Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SalesforceOther
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther