AOC Verfino V22 LCD monitor
The AOC Verfino V22 offers good dynamic contrast -- and it's allegedly the world's thinnest LCD monitor.
- Attractive design, dynamic contrast is well implemented, good image quality
- No DVI, black levels could be better, glossy panel
AOC's Verfino V22 LCD monitor combines a stylish design and good image quality. The glossy panel does limit the monitor's placement, though.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Rejecting the square lines and dreary bezels of its competitors, AOC has made heads turn once again with the bold and stylish Verfino V22 LCD monitor. The fashionable design is supported by good image quality and a well-implemented dynamic contrast function. This monitor is suitable for games, movies and general multimedia use.
AOC appears to have taken design cues from LG's Scarlet LCD TV series with the Verfino V22, blending crimson with gloss black for an appealing bezel surrounded by a transparent border; it's a stylish design that we prefer over LG's Scarlet TVs. The wide bottom frame can be a little distracting during use, but the eye-catching bezel will be appreciated by the fashion-conscious.
The other eye-catching aspect of the Verfino V22 LCD monitor is how thin it is. Thanks to WLED backlighting, AOC has managed to create what it claims is the world's slimmest monitor. It's only 19mm thick, although at the bottom there is a slight bulge, increasing the depth to 27mm in order to accommodate the power and input connections. These connections — which include D-Sub, HDMI, USB and line-in ports — will add significantly to the monitor's overall footprint once used, but the Verfino V22's slim design is certainly appealing. The WLED backlighting also reduces the monitor's power consumption to an average 28 Watts during operation, compared to the 35-40W consumed by most 22in LCD monitors.
The AOC Verfino 22in LCD monitor has a 2ms response rate, a maximum resolution of 1680x1050 and a dynamic contrast ratio of 100,000:1. At 280cd/m2, its brightness is slightly inferior to the 300cd/m2 brightness found on many CCFL-backlit 22in LCD monitors.
AOC has integrated speakers, a microphone and a 1.3-megapixel webcam into the Verfino V22 LCD monitor. The speakers' maximum volume isn't particularly impressive and the webcam's clarity is often poor, but they are still commendable inclusions.
You can configure the monitor by pressing the monitor's power button; a silver ring around the button acts as a four-way navigation pad. The on-screen display provides brightness/contrast, image set up and colour temperature options, as well as the settings for dynamic contrast and AOC's ColorBoost technology. This option alters the individual red, green and blue spectrums to improve skin tones and landscapes, which allows for a more vibrant image in movies. Colour temperature settings include an sRGB preset, though other presets have descriptive labels like "warm" and "cool" rather than industry standard temperature indicators.
AOC's insistence on using glossy panels in its monitors limits their placement in well-lit areas. Provided you do find an adequate position, however, the Verfino V22 LCD monitor produces a good quality image to suit standard office tasks and some movie watching and gaming. Black levels could be better — they proved inconsistent across the display — but colours are vibrant once the monitor properly configured.
Most surprising is the implementation of dynamic contrast. After its initial adjustment, the function provides better contrast levels without noticeably altering backlight settings with every change in image brightness. Dynamic contrast is often poorly implemented in 22in monitors. Movies will benefit from the seamless transition delivered by the Verfino V22's dynamic contrast function.
Motion is handled well, with no noticeable ghosting, tearing or other aberrations. In both fast-paced movies and games, the Verfino V22 LCD monitor is a definite improvement over the AOC Zifas 2218Ph. Though the AOC Verfino V22 LCD monitor doesn't represent the pinnacle of WLED technology, it has low power consumption and a vibrant colour palette. If you're after a monitor that has a little more style than the standard fare, the Verfino V22 monitor offers both an appealing design and decent image quality.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCInternet Applications Developer - DevOpsNSW
- FTSiebel Project Manager - Immediate StartACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTERP Support SpecialistVIC
- FTSecurity Consultant / Snr Security Consultant - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Health - Data Linkage SystemQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCIT Service Desk Specialist - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- CCSharePoint / Web DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTOnboarding ConsultantOther
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantOther
- CCCall Centre Operator /AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystOther
- FTMobile Developers (Android OR iOS)WA
- FTSenior Test AnalystOther