AOC Angelo 2434pw LCD monitor
AOC's Angelo 2434pw LCD monitor features a distinctive aluminium stand and touch sensitive controls
- Aesthetically pleasing design, screen swivels and tilts, height adjustable, matte screen, touch-sensitive controls, HDMI, Full HD resolution
- No DVI input (though adapter included), struggles with black levels, rear cable covers feel a little flimsy
AOC's Angelo 2434pw LCD monitor possesses a stylish and practical design and also provides decent if not outstanding image quality. The lack of a DVI input is annoying, even if an adapter is included, and black levels aren't great, but there remains plenty to like about this monitor.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
AOC's Angelo 2434pw is a 23.6in Full HD LCD monitor with an HDMI input and a distinctive design. It includes an aluminium stand and support pole that enables the screen to be swivelled and tilted, and it provides decent image quality for its asking price.
The design of the AOC Angelo 2434pw LCD monitor is its most appealing feature. It combines a thin gloss black bezel with a stylish aluminium stand and a thin, white rear. Two hinged plastic covers conceal the Angelo 2434pw's connections; they make it easy to hide the cables once they're plugged in, though the hinges feel a little flimsy and could easily be broken if opened or closed with any force.
The AOC Angelo 2434pw is attached to its stand by a support pole that easily clips into the base. Turning the screen to the left allows it to be removed from the stand, while turning it right locks in into place. Although this method of putting it together is quick and easy, the black plastic surrounding the clip in the base moves easily when the screen is tilted or moved and it doesn't feel like the sturdiest connection we've seen. The design means the Angelo 2434pw can be swivelled sideways up to 175 degrees, tilted backwards up to 20 degrees, and can move up and down within an 80mm range.
Complimenting the flashy design are the touch-sensitive controls. Invisible when not in use, a bright blue backlight is activated when your finger moves close to the buttons. We found this worked effectively and the buttons themselves are responsive. Thankfully, the screen itself has a matte finish, so reflective light in an office environment isn't an issue. The AOC Angelo 2434pw also includes two built-in speakers, though predictably the sound isn't great.
The AOC Angelo 2434pw monitor has VGA and HDMI inputs, but strangely omits DVI. Thankfully, AOC packages a HDMI to DVI converter in the box. The HDMI input combined with the native Full HD resolution of 1920x1080 means the Angelo 2434pw is ideal for users of the latest high-definition gaming consoles, such as Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.
We connected the 2434pw LCD monitor to both an Xbox 360 and a Blu-ray player. The monitor's 2ms response time means it handles motion well, with no noticeable ghosting or blurring during fast moving scenes. We did notice some image noise though, which does tend to affect the quality of Blu-ray movies; it shouldn't be enough to deter potential purchasers, however.
Our DisplayMate tests indicated image quality overall is good, but there are a couple of issues. The AOC Angelo 2434pw LCD monitor struggles with blacks at the far end of the scale and also display some image noise in various tests. The Windows Desktop is sharp and clear and the Angelo 2434pw displays crisp text with no visible aberrations. Unlike the BenQ G2412HD, colours aren't oversaturated.
Like most TN panels, the AOC Angelo's viewing angles aren't the best. There is noticeable colour shift and a loss of detail when viewing the screen from horizontal or vertical angles.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProgram Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerNSW
- FTERP Systems & Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTInternal Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTImplementation Project ManagerOther
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- CCSharePoint ArchitectNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- PTTest Engineer - Insurance domainQLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior System Engineer - Wintel & MacVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Developer - RPAQLD
- FTProject Manager - Business EfficienciesOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTLead Project Manager -Office Fit out & AccommodationOther