Anyware Corporation Toy Webcam
- It’s a dog, focus ring implemented on front of camera, Quick and easy setup
- Average quality, Limited software
It’s a webcam inside a dog! Don’t expect high quality, but it does its job with a minimum of fuss.
Price$ 24.00 (AUD)
Looking like any ordinary plush toy, the Anyware Computer Accessories Toy Webcam is an amusing product that is sure to win over the kids, while providing an opportunity for internet video recording and still images.
Basically a small CMOS webcam built inside a toy dog, the Toy Webcam plugs into your PC via its USB cable, which protrudes from its rear. Installation is a hassle-free process - install the provided software and drivers, plug in the webcam and you're away. The Toy Webcam definitely scores points for its ease of use.
The installation CD contains a piece of software called Amcap, which is used to run the webcam. Simply click 'Options>Preview' and a window will display the current image. Focus is adjusted using the focus control, mounted in the nose of the dog. We experienced some difficulty in obtaining a respectable image, so it is well advised to ensure you do take time to experiment with the focus control.
The software is very simple to use; 'Capture>Snap One Image' takes a still photograph, while 'Capture>Start Camera' records video. Our main complaint with the software is the lack of easy access to these controls as they are all part of the toolbar. We would have appreciated a large record button implemented into the interface, which makes it quicker to start recording or take a quick snapshot.
The video quality isn't anything to write home about, but the Toy Webcam does its job with a minimum of fuss and considering the price, it's hard not to like it. It won't win any awards, but it will provide a fun and pleasurable product for children and adults alike. It is also available in four other dog designs.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Netgear announce local availability for smarter, sharper, Alexa-friendly Arlo Pro 2
- Netgear to spin off Arlo
- CES 2018: Ring founder Jamie Siminoff sheds light on his vision for a more-connected, more-secure future
- CES 2018: Ring Bolster Security Offering With Cameras, Lights, Alarms and Subscription Service
- Keep Watch Day and Night with Uniden’s Two-In-One Camera and Spotlight
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Part Time)Other
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTManager - Technical OperationsQLD
- CCApplications EngineerNSW
- FTPublic Cloud Infrastructure EngineerOther
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- CCAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTMessaging Engineer - Office365 experienceOther
- CCProject Manager - Manufacturing IndustryVIC
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM Greenfield implemenationVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Mobile AppsOther
- CCSenior IOS DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Support AnalystQLD
- FTIT Security OfficerVIC
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- FTL2 Security Network EngineerNSW
- FTOnsite Support EngineerOther
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- TPBusiness and Data AnalystQLD