Anyware Corporation Toy Webcam
- It’s a dog, focus ring implemented on front of camera, Quick and easy setup
- Average quality, Limited software
It’s a webcam inside a dog! Don’t expect high quality, but it does its job with a minimum of fuss.
Price$ 24.00 (AUD)
Looking like any ordinary plush toy, the Anyware Computer Accessories Toy Webcam is an amusing product that is sure to win over the kids, while providing an opportunity for internet video recording and still images.
Basically a small CMOS webcam built inside a toy dog, the Toy Webcam plugs into your PC via its USB cable, which protrudes from its rear. Installation is a hassle-free process - install the provided software and drivers, plug in the webcam and you're away. The Toy Webcam definitely scores points for its ease of use.
The installation CD contains a piece of software called Amcap, which is used to run the webcam. Simply click 'Options>Preview' and a window will display the current image. Focus is adjusted using the focus control, mounted in the nose of the dog. We experienced some difficulty in obtaining a respectable image, so it is well advised to ensure you do take time to experiment with the focus control.
The software is very simple to use; 'Capture>Snap One Image' takes a still photograph, while 'Capture>Start Camera' records video. Our main complaint with the software is the lack of easy access to these controls as they are all part of the toolbar. We would have appreciated a large record button implemented into the interface, which makes it quicker to start recording or take a quick snapshot.
The video quality isn't anything to write home about, but the Toy Webcam does its job with a minimum of fuss and considering the price, it's hard not to like it. It won't win any awards, but it will provide a fun and pleasurable product for children and adults alike. It is also available in four other dog designs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ? Digital ProgramQLD
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCIT Portfolio Management AnalystWA
- CCICT Desktop Support OfficerACT
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTProgram ManagerSA
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- TP.Net Web DeveloperSA
- TPAPS 6 Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Integrated Care ProgramQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork Designer - TelcoVIC
- FTURGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate startVIC
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- CCProject Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTSAP HR Team LeadOther
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT