Anyplace Control Anyplace Control
- Simple setup, trial account option
- It's slow, you can't output to a printer connected to the local PC or hear the target PC's system audio
Anyplace Control will be suitable for occasional users who find themselves in a squeeze and don't want to spend too much on a service.
Price$ 49.50 (AUD)
The Anyplace Control remote access software works only after it has been installed on both the target PC and the system on which you wish to access it.
Anyplace Control is more simple than most setups, however, and there's no need to provide your credit-card details to create a trial account. An access code, username and password control entry to the target PC.
Anyplace Control allowed us to open programs and documents fairly easily, but the program was considerably slower than other remote-access services we have tried.
Regardless of when we ran our tests we found a noticeable delay between clicking an item on our target PC and it becoming visible on the local machine. On-screen information is another concern. Anyplace Control cunningly displays the desktop wallpaper of your target PC, but when we tested this the image was blurred.
We followed Anyplace Control's recommendation to remove this and successfully speeded up access to the desktop and the opening of files. However, the transfer time for an 18MB file between PCs was still pretty sluggish at 13 minutes.
Anyplace Control offers either a Full Control or a View Only service. The latter allows files to be transferred and the contents of the clipboard to be copied to the local PC.
While Anyplace Control offers the familiar Ctrl, Alt, Del key sequence to reboot a hanging remote system, you can't output to a printer connected to the local PC or hear the target PC's system audio.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Security OfficerVIC
- TPSystems Administrator (AWS)QLD
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTCompliance Analyst - Anti Money Laundering & CTFOther
- FTTechnical Support / Service Desk - Mount DruittOther
- FTData Migration Lead- ECS.106, ETL & SAPOther
- CCX2 BPE Managers - TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity & IAM Technical SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Pega Developer (Pega Senior Systems Architect)Other
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTFrontend Developer - URGENTOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FT.NET MVC Developer- Angular JS v1.x, 2.x and 4.0Other
- FTL&D Developer - Trainer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- TPBusiness Information SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- FTWindows 10 Deployment ManagerACT
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- FTTechnical AnalystSA