App review: Any.Do for Android
Any.DO for Android is a simple, clean and very well designed to-do list manager
- Attractive, clean UI
- Both simple and advanced features
- Syncs across multiple devices
- No option to set a recurring task
- Vague advanced option icons
- No black widgets
There are plenty of to-do list apps available in the Android Market, but none of them are as simple or intuitive as Any.DO. It could be improved with the ability to set recurring tasks, however, and some of the advanced options could be better identified.
Any.DO for Android is a simple, clean and very well designed to-do list manager. It's the first app of its kind of Android that I haven't uninstalled after a day and best of all, it's completely free.
As a journalist, I consider myself fairly organised so an effective to-do list is one of my most used smartphone apps. Apple's iOS platform boasts a handy built-in reminders app which I make regular use of when I'm using an iPhone, but I've always found Android lacking in this area. There are plenty of to-do list apps available in the Android Market, but none of them are as simple or intuitive as Any.DO.
Any.DO manages to offer plenty of features without hindering its clean and minimalist UI. This intuitive design is highlighted by the "I want to..." text box at the top of the app. Type your reminder into that box and you can then choose to add it to your to do list, configure a reminder or share it. A reminder can be quickly set to today, tomorrow, this week or next week, while you can also use the calendar to select a date and time that's further down the track.
The auto-complete feature in Any.DO is a handy addition. As you begin typing, it immediately begins to suggest options. If you start typing a name that's in your contacts list, it will suggest that person's name. You can also use Google's built-in voice recognition to enter tasks and while it's not completely error free, we came away impressed with the general accuracy.
A simple list format shows all of your entered reminders and you can drag and drop each reminder, or choose to place them in folders rather than times. If you tap on a task you can set more advanced options, like priority level, folders and notes. Annoyingly, there's no option to set a recurring task such as daily, weekly or monthly.
Sharing a task sends a contact an email that invites them to download Any.DO. The icons for these settings are a little vague though, so we'd have appreciated a text description to avoid confusion.
The Any.DO app comes with five home screen widgets at various sizes, but it's a shame they are only available in white. The app itself allows users to choose from black and white background themes. We found the shake to clear done tasks feature hit and miss.
Creating an Any.DO account through Facebook or using an email address means you can save and syncronise your tasks across multiple devices. There's also a very handy Google Chrome extension that allows you to access tasks through the browser and the company says a generic web app is "coming soon".
Requirements: Android 2.1 and up
Reviewed on: HTC One SV
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Audible Now Available on Sonos
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
- Group Video Calls Just Got a Lot Easier on Facebook
- Clips Introduces Selfie Scenes for Immersive 360-Degree Selfies on iPhone X
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Developer - API: C# .Net Developer | FinTech | APIOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SydneyOther
- FTUnified Endpoint Management Systems AnalystOther
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTMultiple Angular ExpertACT
- TPEnterprise Architect | QLD Health | $1173/day | BrisbaneNSW
- CCOracle Service Bus DeveloperNSW
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- CCIT Security AnalystACT
- FTOracle Developer - EBSOther
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSAP HCM Functional Analyst, Organisation StructureOther
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - ICT Infrastructure - SecurityQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagerWA
- TPDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Lead - DatabaseOther
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- CCFront-end DeveloperNSW
- CCChange and Communication SpecialistWA
- FTProgram ManagerOther