Anthology Solutions Yellow Machine P400T
- Unique design
- A little slow for file transfers
This is a convenient network backup device that we think is well-suited for small and home office environments. We didn't have any problems using it, although we do wish it had a gigabit Ethernet controller for zippier file transfers.
Price$ 2,295.00 (AUD)
For a small business with a handful of computer systems to look after, serious network attached storage (NAS) backup solutions may not be a high priority due to their cost and the implementation expertise required.
For less than $2300, Anthology Solutions' Yellow Machine P400T Server offers 1 terabyte of storage, and it simply plugs into any DHCP-enabled network and shows up as just another drive on the network.
To facilitate backups, it ships with EMC Retrospect software, which can be installed in client and host mode. You can install the client software on all the machines in your network and then control those clients from a host computer running the full version of Retrospect. Backups can be scheduled for each individual client on your network, or they can be initiated manually from the host computer to store a copy of their data on the Yellow Machine. This method of backing up and restoring files worked flawlessly in our tests, although it was slow over a 10/100 connection as we piled on the test data. Physically, the Yellow Machine looks like a tiny, bright yellow, tower PC and it has status lights on the front to inform you of any drive failures. On the inside, four IDE drives are connected in a RAID 0 configuration, for maximum capacity.
The machine also supports RAID levels 1, 1+0, 5 and JBOD and it has a built-in 8-port switch (it does not have a built-in DHCP server), Dynamic DNS support, FTP and VPN services. A WAN port facilitates a direct Internet connection through an ADSL or cable modem.
Join the newsletter!
Roam freely in the digital world. Critically acclaimed performance and security at your fingertips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMicrosoft CRM Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security OfficerVIC
- TPSenior Program OfficerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - IT ArchitectVIC
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- FTOracle DBA - Permanent PositionQLD
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- FTSQL Database AdministratorWA
- FTAngularJS DeveloperOther
- FTDeveloper - PERLOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSales Exec - Enterprise AccountsOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationNSW
- CCProject Manager -AgileWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology StrategistNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- CCProcurement AnalystNSW