AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser
This Andatech AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser allows you to check your blood alcohol level before stepping inside your car.
- Easy operation, two breathalyser modes, it could save you from losing your licence
- Too bulky to carry around in your pocket, a wee bit pricey
The Andatech AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser does exactly what it says on the tin. It's fast, user-friendly and Australian Standard certified. If you're a regular social drinker, it's definitely worth the pennies.
Price$ 180.00 (AUD)
Drinking to the point of inebriation isn’t big, hard or clever — but we’re all three, which makes us duly qualified to test the Andatech AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser. As its name implies, this portable battery-operated gadget is a personal breathalyser that allows you to check your blood alcohol content during [a night of responsible drinking — Ed].
Whether your tipple of choice is [Diet Coke — Ed.] or harder stuff like [chocolate ice-cream sundaes — Ed.], it’s easy to creep over the legal limit without realising it. This is where the Andatech AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser comes in. Unlike most breathalyser products, the unit is Australian Standard Certified, which means you don't have to translate the data to match local guidelines. Provided you’re sober enough to read the LED display, you’ll never misjudge your level of [non — Ed.] intoxication again.
The Andatech AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser comes equipped with an advanced semiconductor sensor with a 99.99 per cent BAC accuracy guarantee. While this might sound fine and dandy, it’s important to note that it only takes an extra .01 per cent to fall outside the legal driving limit (e.g. a reading of .05 per cent could actually be .06 per cent). Caution is therefore advised. On the plus side, the device can be sent back to the manufacturer for recalibration if you think the results are getting iffy.
Anyone who has been pulled over by a police breathalyser squad will be instantly familiar with how the AL6000 works. You simply plug in one of the plastic mouth pieces, power up the device, wait for the beep and blow. After five seconds, the device will beep again to indicate that it’s time to stop blowing. Your reading will then appear on the red LED display. It’s not rocket science (which is just as well, given the number of drunks out there).
Naturally, there was considerable office debate over who would get to ‘test’ the Andatech AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser, fuelled by a misinformed belief that all expenses incurred could be charged back to the company. As it turns out, our paymasters would prefer to avoid public endorsements of binge drinking, which meant we had to buy our own [ginger — Ed.] beer. Tsk.
To test the device, we conducted a not-very-scientific experiment which consisted of [consuming one standard drink — Ed.] and seeing how long it took us to [fall down drunk. No, hang on. — Ed]. While we couldn’t swear to it, the AL6000’s readings seemed to accurately reflect our level of sobriety, or lack thereof. The device's BAC range goes all the way up to 0.40 per cent.
The AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser offers two separate modes of operation; fast and normal. The fast mode merely indicates whether your blood alcohol level is Zero, Low or High, while the normal mode gives an exact reading. In addition to ensuring you get home safely, the AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser can be used to settle important social issues, such as which of your friends is the cheapest drunk. You can also use it to gauge the duplicity of your beer-goggles before approaching that smiling fuzzy shape at the bar. At $180, the AL6000 isn't exactly cheap, but it's the only product we've tested that may save you from losing your licence — or even your life.
With dimensions of 137x73x44mm, the AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser isn’t really something you can carry around in your pocket for impromptu party tricks. However, it should fit inside a cluttered glove box without any problem. A faux-leather carry pouch is also included in the sales package, complete with a dinky pocket for spare mouth pieces.
All up, the Andatech AL6000 Pro Professional Breathalyser is a responsible little device that won’t cost you an arm or a leg (insert 'legless' joke here). If you’re a regular social drinker, it will definitely make a worthwhile investment. [And remember folks, drink responsibly! — Ed.]
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- WalabotDIY, the 3D Imaging Tool That Gives Consumers ‘Superman-Vision’, Launches Today in Australia
- Google Certifies Insta360 Pro as First ‘Street View Auto Ready’ Camera
- Australian startup launches Tiller Kickstarter campaign
- Anki Arrives In Oz
- Griffin's PowerMate is the Surface Dial dead-ringer that's trapped in Mac land
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTData ScientistACT
- CCLead Change ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX ? Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Internet Portal and InfrastructureQLD
- CCManager - Business Intelligence - TelcoVIC
- FTSoftware Developer (Ruby on Rails)NSW
- FTField Service EngineerOther
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- TPLead Solutions Architect - SAP HCMQLD
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- TPPrincipal Project Manager | ApplicationsQLD
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst (.NET, SQL. ORACLE, ITIL)Other
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Engineer (devOps)NSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator / Project Support OfficerSA
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT