Altec Lansing InMotion Compact iMT320 iPod dock
The Altec Lansing InMotion Compact offers a clear sharp sound and volume levels that could comfortably be used outside, perhaps at a barbeque or party
- Light and compact, easy to use, automatic pause feature
- Doesn't have all of the features offered by similar priced devices
The Altec Lansing InMotion Compact iPhone/iPod dock is a good-looking device that offers clear, sharp sound but lacks some of the features compared to similar priced devices.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The Altec Lansing InMotion Compact (iMT320) is a portable iPhone/iPod dock that runs off mains power or batteries, ensuring you can enjoy music stored on your phone or personal music device wherever you are.
The $79.95, sleek black Altec Lansing InMotion Compact dock won't look out of place in your lounge or bedroom, with delicate gold accents on the buttons. It measures 241x46x119mm and weighs 1.13kg, ensuring it will easily fit into a large handbag or beach bag. However, despite its light weight the device felt sturdy and well-constructed.
We loved the leather flap that folds over the speaker grill and dock when in transit, to protect the speaker. It can also be folded back to create a stand for the Altec Lansing InMotion Compact dock when it's in use.
The speaker is very easy to use. Simply plug the Altec Lansing InMotion Compact into mains power or insert four AA batteries. Slot in your iPod or iPhone (the Altec Lansing InMotion Compact is compatible with all generations except the shuffle) and press the power button. Then select a song and pres splay on your iPod and iPhone for the music to start.
The Altec Lansing InMotion Compact offers a clear sharp sound and volume levels that could comfortably be used outside, perhaps at a barbeque or party.
iPhone users will also benefit from the Altec Lansing InMotion Compact's automatic pause feature, which halts music playback when a call is received. There's no interference between the phone and the speaker when a call is coming through and the music stops almost instantly, allowing the user to either accept or decline the call on the handset.
The dock will also charge your iPod while it's connected to the speaker, however if the Altec Lansing InMotion Compact is powered by batteries it won't charge your iPod or iPhone, instead conserving power for playback. According to Altec Lansing, when powered by batteries, the InMotion Compact will offer 24 hours of playback.
The Altec Lansing InMotion Compact has just three control buttons on the top, power on/off, volume, up and volume down, which means you have to use the iPod or iPhone to pause, stop or skip tracks. Ideally, we'd have liked control options on the speaker or a bundled remote control as other similar priced offerings on the market provide this.
The Altec Lansing InMotion Compact benefits from a 3.5mm jack ensuring CD, DVD, and MP3 players can be connected to the device.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTResearch Officer / Data Scientist .Work Location- ACTACT
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- TPTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW