AliphCom Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset
A stylish yet unobtrusive Bluetooth headset with great sound quality
- Great style and design, unobtrusive when worn, excellent audio quality, good noise-cancellation, range of tips and ear hooks included
- Buttons aren't practical, incoming audio could be louder, expensive
AliphCom's Jawbone Prime is one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market, combining a stylish and unobtrusive design with excellent noise-cancellation technology. We couldn't find a great fit with the included ear buds and incoming audio volume could be louder, but on the whole, this is an excellent headset -- albeit at a premium price.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Considered one of the best Bluetooth headsets available on the market, AliphCom's Jawbone Prime combines appealing style with excellent noise-cancelling capabilities.
The AliphCom Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset is stylish but its size means it remains unobtrusive when worn. The curved, angled design is highlighted by a stylish, etched pattern on the front. The headset's build quality feels superb.
The AliphCom Jawbone Prime ships with no less than six ear buds: regular buds and hooked buds, in small, medium and large sizes. AliphCom claims the two included ear loops aren't required, but we struggled to achieve a comfortable fit without one. Once fitted, the AliphCom Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset remained comfortable throughout use and the curved design sits well on the side of your face.
The AliphCom Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset has two camouflaged buttons. The first is towards the top of the headset and adjusts volume, the NoiseAssassin function and ends calls, while the second answers calls and powers the headset on and off. Depending on the function required, you tap, press or hold the buttons. Though these controls suit the unit's style, they aren't overly practical — the volume in particular is annoying to adjust with just one button and it's hard to feel just exactly where the buttons are located while the Jawbone Prime is being worn.
The Jawbone Prime's design also means that the tiny LED is a little difficult to see. Though this is a minor point as the headset spends most of its time in your ear, the LED only glows when buttons are pressed and doesn't indicate of its power status when in standby mode.
The Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset has excellent sound quality, made possible by what AliphCom dubs the Voice Activity Sensor (VAS). A form of bone conduction, the VAS is a small, plastic bulb that sits against your jaw line when worn, and detects the frequencies of your voice. Unlike the Motorola Endeavor HX1 Bluetooth headset, the AliphCom Jawbone Prime doesn't digitise your voice and our callers were impressed with outgoing audio quality — our voice was clear and free from distortion. The Jawbone Prime is most effective when the VAS is touching the side of your face, but still works well even if this isn't the case.
The Jawbone Prime does a capable job of minimising wind noise. On an outdoor balcony on the 21st floor of a high rise office building, we were able to hold a clear conversation. Our voice did sound a little softer with wind noise, but the headset was still an effective communication tool. Incoming audio quality is clear and also free of distortion, but we would have appreciated a boost in volume.
AliphCom rates the Jawbone Prime at 4.5 hours of talk time and over eight days of standby time. A USB cable and an AC adapter are both included in the sales package and the charging adapter has a stylish curved end that magnetically clips to the top of the Jawbone Prime.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- TPIT Security ManagerQLD
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Digital MortgagesNSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- CCBusiness Analyst (Technical)QLD
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC