Alienware Aurora 7500
- A gamers dream, Looks fantastic
- Missing some key features, Extremely expensive, Short warranty
With its generous software bundle and great mouse, this is a superb system. Shame you'll have to remortgage the house to buy it, then spend even more on some essential features.
Price$ 5,999.00 (AUD)
Laughing in the face of your normal price/performance balance, Alienware's Aurora 7500 is all high-end speed, top-drawer internal components and attention to detail. This is a beast of a PC.
The 7500 is a brilliant performer, but while attempting to dazzle you with sheer grunt, Alienware has missed out some basic features that really should be included in a PC for this sort of money.
The baseline system starts off expensive and, if you pop along to the Alienware website, you can configure it by adding extra features. This setup comes in at $5,999. But we think you'll need to pay out more to make it worthwhile. For example, this price doesn't include speakers or a monitor, and it'll cost you to upgrade that one-year warranty to four years. We were also disappointed by the 512MB of memory.
You'll either love or hate the HR Giger-inspired steel case - we think it looks great - but there's no arguing with its superb ability to deal with heat and noise. This PC runs cool and quiet. There's plenty of upgrade room inside, too.
A gamer's dream, the Aurora has two 256MB nVidia 7800 GTX graphics cards in SLI (scalable link interface) mode, and Creative's excellent Audigy 2 ZS. We managed 115fps (frames per second) on our Doom 3 test and the system didn't dip below 100 when pushed to 1,280x1,024. AMD's dual-core Athlon 64 X2 4400+ helped it to a WorldBench 5 score of 108.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple Roll Out High Sierra
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Director - Cloud - Qld HealthQLD
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP Developers (SAP CRM, PSCD, HANA, UI5)Other
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperOther
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Delphi, VMS, FortranOther
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- FTService Desktop TechnicianOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Permanent OpportunityQLD
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC