- Small package with lots of power, SATA2, wide range of connectivity options, detachable bios backup card.
- Must be extra careful during installation
If you're after a board that has SLI capabilities then this one is well worth it at only $199.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
This little gem of a board from Albatron stands out because it is so little and so inexpensive, yet is based on an nForce4 SLI chipset. The board is only slightly smaller than a sheet of A4 paper and is perfect for cramped or relatively small ATX enclosures. Because it's based on the recent nForce4 chipset, it also features SATA2 and it can support up to four SATA drives as well as RAID configurations. We needed to create a floppy disk with RAID drivers on it before we could install Windows XP on our RAID 0 array, but we didn't face any problems at all during this task.
Because the board is so small, the installer needs to be very careful during the insertion of IDE cables and the power connector, as these reside on the very edge of the board, which overhangs the secure mounting points of the ATX chassis-design by around 3cm. The board can be so narrow due to the placement of the memory slots, which reside on the top edge of the board just above the CPU socket. Installing the CPU is a little fiddly though, due to the lack of space, as the heat sink securing clips reside very close to capacitors.
As for connectivity, the K8SLI has plenty of USB 2.0 ports, a single Gigabit Ethernet port and it even includes coaxial digital audio, serial and parallel ports on its rear port cluster. It lacks FireWire connectivity, however.
For peace of mind, Albatron ships the K8SLI with a little BIOS card that can be attached to a set of jumpers to restore your system should a BIOS update ever go wrong.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- CCPMO Resource ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network DesignerVIC
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Networks & SecurityQLD
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTProject Manager - EDRMS ImplementationOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTDevOps Engineers/Consultants - CloudOther
- FTSalesforce - MarketingOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorSA
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTSalesForce DeveloperOther
- FTFinance AnalystOther
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD