AKG Acoustics K 206 AFC
- Fantastic audio, simple charging
- Terminals potentially could be exposed to dust
A great set of headphones for the home or office.
Price$ 199.95 (AUD)
AKG's K 206 AFC wireless headphones offer great audio quality in a simple, stylish design. The kit comprises of a set of headphones and base station that doubles as a charger. The silver headphones themselves feature a power button, auto-tune button, and a volume control. They are made of plastic and are relatively light (280g) so your neck won't get tired supporting them for large periods of time. The sturdy silver and black base station acts as both a receiver and a charger. Terminals are exposed on the base station, which makes topping up the charge as easy as dropping the headset into the slot. There's no messing around with cables, but on the downside the terminals could be potentially exposed to dust. The bundled nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries offer 12 to 15 hours of audio playback, which is fine for several days' use--or even a single, very long day. The K 206 AFC has the ability to auto-tune (one-touch tuning), and features a three-position frequency selector to avoid interference. If you want to share audio playback between several people, you could use the K 206 AFC base station to output to a number of headsets simultaneously over a range of 30m. The base station features RCA inputs, and a couple of LEDs to indicate charge and power status. The headphones ship with a basic manual, the base station, rechargeable batteries, RCA cable and headphone adapter, so you don't need to go and grab extra cables to get it working with most common hi-fi setups. The K 206 AFC headphones offered outstanding audio quality, with solid bass response provided by the large padded ear muffs. They were comfortable to wear for a long period of time, and didn't feel as if they were compressing our ears against our head. The documentation boasts a frequency response range between 18 to 20,000Hz and a 105dB sound pressure level, which is ample for most audiophiles. This excellent set of wireless headphones comes with a one-year warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- CCAutomation Scripter - Data CentresWA
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- CCTosca Test AutomationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTJava Implementation EngineerVIC
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- CCPricing AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordiantor - Warehouse and Supply Chain ManagementOther
- CCSenior Applications EngineerVIC
- FTEAI DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCChange Manager-Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSenior Engineer - Data CentreNSW
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC