Ultra-modern take on retro vinyl.
- Smooth operation, multiple playback speeds, good USB implementation
- Looks more suited to a DJ studio than a home entertainment rack, no dust covers, no bundled software
With a similar price to Sony’s PSLX300USB, this Akai turntable distinguishes itself with more features and its modern styling.
Price$ 299.95 (AUD)
The ATT10U is a USB turntable from Akai that packs plenty of functionality in a well-constructed, modern-looking case. It might not look like it suits your classic A/V rack but it still does the job of playing back vinyl smoothly and capably.
The styling will most likely be divisive — rounded edges and lashings of polished metal make the ATT10U seem like the centrepiece of a disc jockey’s disc-spinning setup rather than anything suited to a serious home audio rack. Still, it’s exceptionally well constructed. The feet of the unit are wide and flat — a boon for record playback — while the body and tone-arm are constructed of solid, heavy materials.
The tone-arm has a nifty anti-skating control mechanism to minimise the amount of force pulling the arm towards the centre of the record. This results in the cleanest possible sound, balanced between both stereo channels. This works especially well if you’re a fan of manually spinning records, as there’s no chance of damaging the tone-arm from scratching.
The USB output works well, installing drivers with a minimum of fuss. The system comes bundled with the freeware audio recording application Audacity, which allows for a lot of functionality in copying records to a PC. The advantage of Audacity over Sony’s Sound Forge software (bundled with the PSLX300USB) is the ability to save files in a wide variety of formats, ranging from MP3 to WAV to FLAC for lossless audio enthusiasts.
The turntable has selectable settings for 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM discs, so you’ll be able to play anything from older vinyls to new LPs. With the combination of USB and analog outputs it’s versatile enough to be used in all situations and the fantastic build quality means it’ll spin your records consistently for a long time to come.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDelivery Lead - Process Transformation (Six Sigma) - Telco in Pennant HIllsNSW
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)NSW
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- FTChange ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- FTServiceNow Solution SpecialistOther
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- FTAxiomSL Technical ConsultantOther
- CCVMware EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Orchestration and Automation SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther