Aigo aiPower N6215 iPhone case
Aigo's aiPower iPhone case boosts iPhone battery life, much like the Mophie Juice Pack Air
- Provides up to 75 per cent more iPhone battery life, pass-through USB connection, protective case works well
- Extremely ugly and bulky, hard to reach mute switch and headphone jack, battery life indicator is simplistic
Aigo's aiPower N2615 case gives your iPhone 3G or 3GS a new lease on life, providing up to 75 per cent more battery life. However, its design means you probably won't want to keep it on your phone all the time.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
If, like plenty of others, you are frustrated with your iPhone's battery life, help is at hand. Like the Mophie Juice Pack Air, the Aigo aiPower N2615 combines a rechargeable battery and iPhone case, giving more juice to your Apple iPhone 3G or 3GS. Though the extra battery life might make the aiPower N2615 indispensable for those on the move, the case can be frustrating.
iPhone cases serve largely to protect and “aesthetically enhance” Apple's smartphone. While the Aigo aiPower N2615 iPhone case ably does the former, it certainly doesn't make the phone any prettier. Made of a hard plastic and surrounded by rubber, the case makes the iPhone nearly three times as deep when attached. The thick rubber casing makes it difficult to reach the phone's mute switch, and prevents you from using any headphones with a right-angled or fat jack.
However, given the integrated battery we understand the size of the case is something of a necessary evil. Fortunately, there are plenty of upsides. The surrounding rubber makes it easy to insert the iPhone, and you can still use the volume controls on the handset’s side. Surprisingly, the camera's field of view remains uncompromised by the case. Though the aiPower N2615 uses the iPhone's dock connector to attach to the iPhone, it provides a passthrough mini-USB connection so you can still charge the iPhone and connect it to iTunes without removing the case. Aigo bundles a small stand that attaches to the back of the iPhone case to prop up your phone on a desk. Unfortunately, it attaches via a suction cap that we found detached too easily during use.
The aiPower N2615 case's thickness and rounded back make for excellent protection against knocks and bumps. Though the iPhone probably won't withstand a face plant, it will survive many accidental drops with ease.
While we wouldn't recommend the aiPower N2615 as a permanent iPhone case, the integrated battery makes temporary use worth it. The case integrates a 1500mAH battery that recharges the iPhone rather than acting as a secondary battery. Aigo claims the battery can provide up to 130 per cent more battery life for the iPhone. We turned on the fully charged aiPower N2615 iPhone case when our 32GB iPhone 3GS' battery reached 10 percent capacity. Over two and a half hours, the case recharged the phone to 85 per cent; 75 per cent extra battery in total. While this is just under half Aigo's claim, it is still a fantastic result that ensures the iPhone will last for another five to six hours of moderate use.
The battery can be switched off at the back of the Aigo aiPower N2615 iPhone case. It is accompanied by a "Smart LED Power Indicator" which tells you whether the battery has any charge or not. We would have preferred an indication of how much battery is left.
The Aigo aiPower N2615 iPhone case won't strike a chord with the style-conscious demographic that Apple products are traditionally associated with. However, the extra battery life it provides is well worth the hassle when away from a power outlet or a computer. The Aigo aiPower N2615 will provide enough battery life to get you through a second day on the move.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Project Coordinator/ Business AnalystOther
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- FTInside Sales SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTServer SupportSA
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneNSW
- CCDatabase Administrator - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCSenior Tech Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTAgile Scrum Master/Iteration Manager - Banking and InsuranceVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- FTDatabase ConsultantOther
- FTAdministration SupportOther
- FTJAVA DeveloperOther
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- FTSenior Change SpecialistOther
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD