AdventNet Zoho Notebook
A powerful tool for creating, collecting, and sharing information; the beta version is rough around the edges.
- Good editing tools, effective collaboration features
- Lacks documentation, some performance bugs
Even in its current state, Zoho Notebook is well worth checking out if you need a home for brainstorming, research, and random data.
Take Microsoft's OneNote note-taking program, put it on the Web, add lots of cool collaborative tools, and make it free--and you'd have something resembling AdventNet's Zoho Notebook, a service from an ambitious purveyor of browser-based apps.
Like OneNote, Zoho Notebook lets you organize information into multiple-page on-screen binders. The information can include text, graphics, audio, video, and embedded content from other sites. I especially like how an entire notebook page can behave as a word processing document or a spreadsheet, complete with the powerful, Office-like editing tools from AdventNet's other services. Altogether, it's a powerful way to collect everything relating to a particular professional or personal project.
Zoho Notebook outshines OneNote (and Google Notebook, a relatively spartan Web-based rival) in the depth and breadth of its features for working on a notebook with other folks. You can share an entire notebook, individual pages, or specific objects (such as images), and you can grant colleagues either editing or read-only privileges. There's even a built-in chat window for exchanging IMs with distant collaborators. And you can publish notebooks and pages for anyone to peruse.
AdventNet labels Zoho Notebook as a beta, and the version I tried was indeed a little glitchy; in particular, some features you'd assume it would have were missing in action. For instance, you can't search your notebooks, and the program comes without any documentation. (A handy Firefox extension lets you clip content from other sites, but AdventNet doesn't explain what it is or how to use it.) The company says that search and help for Zoho Notebook may be up by the time you read this, and it's working on polishing the application in general.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | High Profile 4 year Transformation ProjectQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PaymentsVIC
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- CCSenior Network DesignerVIC
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAgile CoachOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter ValleyNSW
- FTTDM ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW