Adobe Systems Version Cue CS4
Version Cue is now much less visible to users of individual CS4 programs, but better for it.
- An end to the 'parallel universe' of dialogue boxes
- Nothing of note
This simpler approach definitely takes Version Cue out of the way, while keeping its capabilities available when desired. The biggest change is having to switch to Bridge to create projects, manage their file sets, and "promote" older versions over more recent changes — you no longer do such actions in the individual CS4 programs. Administering your virtual servers — the project sets, and the access controls for the — remain in essence the same as in previous versions.
Two editions of Creative Suite ago, Adobe introduced a confusing technology called Version Cue that promised to do two things: let you track and manage versions of your files so you could revert to earlier versions if desired, and provide a shared workspace for all participants in a project to work on the files.
Adobe Version Cue CS4 is included in the following Creative Suite 4 editions: Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium; Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard; Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium; Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard; Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection.
Before CS4, if the Version Cue feature was enabled, Creative Suite applications had a second set of Open and Save dialogue boxes meant to provide a unified experience across Windows and Macintosh, but one that didn't work like the rest of your application's Open and Save dialogue boxes.
In Creative Suite 4, that parallel universe of dialogue boxes is gone. Version Cue is now much less visible to users of individual CS4 programs. Now, Adobe Bridge is where you manage Version Cue projects, creating virtual servers that appear on the Mac and Windows desktops like any other network drive.
In programs such as Photoshop and InDesign, you simply open Version Cue files from those network drives, and the programs understand that you are working in the Version Cue environment. That means the applications' commands to check files in and out become available, and when you save your work by checking the files back in, the programs create a new version of the file, not replace the original.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP MM ConsultantOther
- CCISAM AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTProject Manager - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTChange Manager - Part TimeOther
- FTInfra Deployment Lead/- Windows 10 SOE rollout projectOther
- FTFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Feasibility/ImpactSA
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerACT
- FTPenetration TesterNSW
- TPSecurity AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- CCDataPower AdministratorACT
- TPELearning and Change OfficerVIC
- TPData ScientistACT
- CCSenior Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDomain Architect - AWS / AzureOther
- FTTelecommunications RiggerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Testers ? API testingQLD