Adobe Systems Photoshop Elements 6
- Powerful image editing software, easy to learn and understand, intuitive interface, wide range of useful features
- Some much loved Photoshop CS3 features are not available, but that's why you buy CS3 now isn't it?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 is perfect for those new to photo editing or anyone who wants the power of Photoshop at a fraction of the price.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Digital Photography has seen a massive boom in the last few years and as a result people have hundreds of photos on their PCs. If they are anything like us, they tend to exist in folders upon folders and most of them never get seen again. Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 has the tools to edit and improve your photos but it also offers features to organise, keep track and share them with family and friends.
The most obvious change in version 6 is the user interface. In addition to a new grey Apple Mac look, it has also been tweaked so it can be more easily used by novices without becoming too simple for those in the know. The interface can be viewed in guided, quick or full modes which cater to the level of expertise the user has. In guided mode, the program asks you what you want to do and helps you accomplish it. There is not much room for manipulation in this mode as most of it is automated. In Quick mode, the basics of photo editing are made available with slider bars so you can fiddle with the image until you are happy with it. Full mode has the most features and is a trimmed version of the Photoshop CS3 interface. More experienced users will find this mode the most helpful.
Both Photoshop Elements 6.0 and Premiere Elements 4.0 integrate with the Adobe organiser software. This is a gallery which categorises the media on your PC whether it is images, audio or video. When used with Photoshop it can be a useful and sophisticated tool that will help you keep track of your photos. In addition, the organiser software can also create online Web galleries so you can share your photos with the world. There are a number of different templates available and to use them is as simple as dragging the desired photos into a box. We were also impressed with the way that organiser can automatically remove red-eye from photos while importing them from your camera -- it's more than just handy, it's awesome to watch.
Adobe has really made an effort to give this year's version of Photoshop Elements a complete overhaul. While it still performs many of the same functions, the way it helps a new user along the path from guided through to full edit mode is quite impressive and is sure to be popular with those who are either IT challenged or new to photo editing.
If you have always wanted to use Photoshop but could never afford it, Elements is the answer. It isn't a watered down version of Photoshop but instead is only simplified. All the same power is still available; it's just easier to understand and doesn't require a degree to use.
Photoshop Elements 6.0 is available as a stand-alone product or can be purchased in a bundle with Premiere Elements 4.0.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTSoftware and Middleware DevelopersACT
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCIT Partner Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTICT Project ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD