So you can enjoy the sunshine while listening to your favourite music or podcast. Thanks to Sennheiser. Enter today.
Adobe Systems Media Player
Adobe Media Player's overall design, look, and ease of use is impressive.
Adobe Media Player not only rivals Apple's Quicktime and Microsoft's Windows Media Player, but also provides on-demand video content such as episodes of 'CSI: Miami' and 'CSI: New York', along with other feature programming and music videos.
Based on Adobe's Flash technology, Adobe Media Player contains both content creation and playback components, and is available for Windows and Mac. The overall look and design is sleek, uncluttered and easy to use. As soon as you load Adobe Media Player the black interface features bright, bold images of the TV shows available.
The Adobe Media Player home screen is split into two sections. The left hand side covers your video preferences, including favourite shows and any files imported from your PC's hard drive, while the right hand side provides access to the content currently available direct from Adobe.
To date, Adobe Media Player content is aimed at the US market, and we were able to pick from 384 TV shows from a number of American networks including MTV and CBS. Everything from comedy and animation to documentaries and music-related shows are available. Although no Australian content is available, some programmes will be familiar to an Australian audience, including MTV's 'Cribs' and 'The Hills' (semi-reality TV show about rich kids in LA), 'CSI New York' and the 'Rosie O'Donnell' chat show.
Currently, episodes can only be streamed online, although Adobe is planning to launch a subscription service allowing programmes to downloaded and viewed offline. Further details of this service have yet to be announced. Once you've chosen a programme, you are able to stream it in the Adobe Media Player either at actual size, fit-to-size or full screen, although in the later two options video-quality suffers. Adobe Media Player also offers stop, pause, fast forward and rewind options.
You can add different programmes to the My Favorites list and Adobe Media Player will automatically alert you when a new episode of these shows is available. Once programmes have been viewed, they disappear from the list. You can also select files from your PC's hard drive, and add them to the personal videos list.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- Google smart displays now let you take charge of multi-room audio
- Recently squashed Alexa bug could have allowed hackers access to voice histories, researchers say
- Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months
- Parallels 15 lets you turn an iPad into a Surface tablet
- Bitdefender refreshes consumer cybersecurity offering
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies