Adobe Systems Media Player
Adobe Media Player's overall design, look, and ease of use is impressive.
Adobe Media Player not only rivals Apple's Quicktime and Microsoft's Windows Media Player, but also provides on-demand video content such as episodes of 'CSI: Miami' and 'CSI: New York', along with other feature programming and music videos.
Based on Adobe's Flash technology, Adobe Media Player contains both content creation and playback components, and is available for Windows and Mac. The overall look and design is sleek, uncluttered and easy to use. As soon as you load Adobe Media Player the black interface features bright, bold images of the TV shows available.
The Adobe Media Player home screen is split into two sections. The left hand side covers your video preferences, including favourite shows and any files imported from your PC's hard drive, while the right hand side provides access to the content currently available direct from Adobe.
To date, Adobe Media Player content is aimed at the US market, and we were able to pick from 384 TV shows from a number of American networks including MTV and CBS. Everything from comedy and animation to documentaries and music-related shows are available. Although no Australian content is available, some programmes will be familiar to an Australian audience, including MTV's 'Cribs' and 'The Hills' (semi-reality TV show about rich kids in LA), 'CSI New York' and the 'Rosie O'Donnell' chat show.
Currently, episodes can only be streamed online, although Adobe is planning to launch a subscription service allowing programmes to downloaded and viewed offline. Further details of this service have yet to be announced. Once you've chosen a programme, you are able to stream it in the Adobe Media Player either at actual size, fit-to-size or full screen, although in the later two options video-quality suffers. Adobe Media Player also offers stop, pause, fast forward and rewind options.
You can add different programmes to the My Favorites list and Adobe Media Player will automatically alert you when a new episode of these shows is available. Once programmes have been viewed, they disappear from the list. You can also select files from your PC's hard drive, and add them to the personal videos list.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSAP Business AnalystOther
- CCSCOM SpecialistQLD
- FTMessage Queue / DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTProgram ManagerSA
- CCNetwork Data AdminVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCProcess Specialist-Lean Six SigmaNSW
- CCProduct Owner - DigitalVIC
- CCProject Manager - higher education exp. mandatoryVIC
- TPICT Procurement Officer | NorthsideQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW