Adobe Systems Acrobat Professional 7.0
Once it gets going, the application gives you a handy way to share files. The ability to allow comments and mark up in Adobe Reader 7 also makes it easier than ever to get everybody's input.
Price$ 839.00 (AUD)
If you need an easier way to share and comment on documents, take a look at Adobe's Acrobat 7 Professional. The $839 program lets you create Portable Document Format (PDF) files that users of Adobe's free Reader 7 can annotate - but only if you let them.
Once you enable commenting, you'll be warned that you will lose some Acrobat functions, such as the ability to delete pages and fill out form fields. To preserve this functionality, you must save a version of the document without commenting enabled. Note: the $539 Standard version of Acrobat 7 doesn't allow you to make the mark up and comment tools available to Adobe Reader 7 users.
Version 7 enhances Acrobat's links to Microsoft Office applications, including the ability to PDF Outlook e-mail messages or entire folders.
Adobe claims that version 7 is 50 per cent faster than version 6 at creating PDF files from Office apps.
Adobe also promises launch times for Acrobat and Reader that are up to four times faster than with previous versions. I didn't notice a much speedier startup with either program on my test machine, however.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPayment Systems DeveloperOther
- TPStorage & VMware AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTDocument ControllerOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCWeb Developer/ PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - CANBERRA BASEDQLD
- CCUnderground Communication Systems SpecialistSA
- FTPresales Security Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTServer EngineerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Mobile ApplicationsOther
- FTGraduate IT ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Solution Architect- Sharepoint, Neuron/MuleSoftOther
- FTBackend JAVA DeveloperOther
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Coordinator - Large Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Applications Specialist - Cerner MillenniumOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence (Data) AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk Consultant/Customer Service SpecialistOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC