Activision Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
- Venom, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Silver Sable and Prowler help you out in the battle against evil
- The plot is a little light on, repetitive missions
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe is a very simple game aimed at the younger audience with low difficulty and repetitive action. For older gamers and those who expect a little more from their games than a shallow beat 'em up experience might want to look elsewhere for their superhero action.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Making the most out of the old adage that your enemy's enemy is your friend, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (FoF from now on) lets you take control of numerous heroes and villains from the Spider-Man 'verse and go on a beat 'em up adventure that brings to mind titles like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends.
Playing as Spidey, you eventually gain the help of cretins like Venom, Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus along with some heroes like Silver Sable and Prowler. The plot is a little thin -- chunks of a meteor hit Earth, someone's using them to create evil creatures, you have to stop them -- but the game keeps things moving fast enough that you don't really notice.
The game also ditches the expansive cityscape of the recently released Spider-Man 3 in favour of smaller room-sized areas; as such, the missions are repetitive to a fault: you enter a room, enemies appear, you beat them all up and move on. There are some interesting RPG-lite elements that let you power your characters up but the gameplay feels pretty shallow all around. Thankfully, a friend can jump in and help you out, which is probably the best way to play this game.
I am giving FoF the benefit of the doubt because it's obvious that it's geared towards a younger audience: the difficulty is low, the action is mind-numbingly simplistic and the overall vibe of the game, from the art style to the character dialogue, is juvenile -- as in youthful, not immature. It's sure to be a hit with its intended demographic and that definitely counts for something, which is why I am awarding the game a good score. However, older gamers and those who expect a little more from their games than a shallow beat 'em up experience might want to look elsewhere for their superhero action.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedVIC
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Engineer - NPIOther
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperSA
- CCSenior ICT Project ManagerACT
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther