Acronis ANZ Privacy Expert Suite 8.0
As a standard spyware stopper, Acronis is simple to use - but it isn't exactly revolutionary. The secure deletion facility will be of use to the paranoid or those looking to wipe old hardware before disposing of it, but could be considered overkill for everyday use.
Price$ None (AUD)
Like antivirus and firewall software, spyware protection is an essential tool in the avid internet-surfer's armoury. Like it or not, spend a fair amount of time online and at some point you're going to pick up some spyware - hidden applications that secretly monitor your activities and send them back to the mothership without your permission.
The market is awash with antispyware products, including some solid free offerings. Acronis has attempted to stand out from the crowd by combining file shredding with spyware detection and eradication.
Delete a file in Windows and it may be gone from view, but traces of it remain on your hard drive. The standard delete operation merely marks the area of the disk as free space that can subsequently be used. The data contained in the file will remain until the area is actually used to store something else.
Privacy Expert combats this with eight different methods of wiping the data - from simply overwriting the space with zeros to writing random data to the affected area 35 times. This ensures there's no chance of the information being recovered.
This data-destruction process can be applied to your internet history, system data, application activity, individual files or even entire hard drives. The latter is useful if you intend to sell or give away an old PC or drive.
Spyware detection consists of the standard system scan, which looks for any programs already installed, combined with monitoring to prevent new ones climbing onboard. A year's worth of spyware updates is included. Further cover costs more, although at this stage it isn't clear how much.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .NET Developer - Back EndOther
- TPICT Business AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Support Level 2ACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystQLD
- CCCapacity ManagerACT
- CCUnix System AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - Health - 12+ month contractQLD
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTVB DeveloperOther
- FTCyber Security EngineerOther
- CCSenior Test Coordinator - IMRNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial ServicesVIC
- CCSenior Agile Project Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTDevops EngineerOther
- FTLead Data Engineer - Greenfield projectQLD
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTSales/Account Manager - Government SectorNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager/Tech LeadNSW
- TPSenior Content DesignerNSW
- FTPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)NSW