Pianissimo is a virtual piano plug-in for your PC that sounds great.
- Generally nice sound
- Doesn't have the bite of some virtual pianos
Taken as a whole, Pianissimo is a super nice little piano program/plug-in and its sound has really grown on us.
Price$ 109.54 (AUD)
Let's get the evaluation out of the way up front: Pianissimo is a virtual piano plug-in for your PC that sounds great.
But there are a lot of great-sounding software piano VSTi's (short for Virtual Studio Technology instrument, a software synthesiser plug-in standard from Steinberg) out there. Some of them with way more than the 80 megabytes of samples that come with Pianissimo. They also generally have a lot more in the way of a cash requirement.
We plugged the $109.54 Pianissimo into several of songs that use piano, and while it doesn't have the bite of some we've tried, it has a pleasing quality that we found very musical - and very addictive.
Pianissimo allows you to adjust the level of the hammer attack as well as the tone via a three-band EQ, a sympathetic resonance control, and simulated piano cover positions (closed, half-open, etc). There's a default MIDI file that auto-loads so you can adjust the sound while it plays. Nice touch.
Pianissimo also comes with a nice assortment of reverbs plus chorus, although most users will cover those with their favourite plug-ins. Maybe not; the FX sounded pretty okay for the ilk. The integrated FX are also handy for spicing up the sound of the standalone version of the program.
Said standalone version of Pianissimo also loads/plays and records/saves MIDI files - a super handy capability if you want to quickly save an idea, study practice sessions to look for flaws in your technique, or simply record a track without booting into full-fledge sequencer. For those listeners of yours without a high-quality piano module, you can also mix down to wave, MP3, WMA or OGG formats.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Customer Centric ContentQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPLead Engineer - .Net / XamarinQLD
- CCSenior Data and Analytics Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Architect - Custom DevelopmentVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, Business Operations ImprovementsOther
- FTAgile CoachOther
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other
- FTUI / UX DesignerOther
- CCLead Delivery Developer - Datapower and WPS DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Agile experienceACT
- FTTechnical AnalystSA
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCMigration SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Dynamics AX DeveloperOther
- FTProcess Analyst x 2Other
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC