Acer Veriton 7700G
- Nothing of note
The 7700G boasts excellent features for its $1799 price tag, which include a 19in LCD monitor and a three-year on-site warranty with next business day service. We found its performance to be very stable and like the fact that the large mid-tower case can be worked on easily, should you require maintenance or an upgrade.
Price$ 1,799.00 (AUD)
Acer's 7700G series of PC is based on the Intel 915G chipset and can be supplied with a Pentium 4 CPU ranging from 3GHz to 3.4GHz. The machine we reviewed was the base model 7700G, with 3GHz CPU. The $1799 price makes it the most cost-effective solution for a small-to-medium business looking for an everyday workhorse. It has integrated graphics and sound, and comes with 512MB RAM, a DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive and 80GB hard drive as standard. A 19in LCD monitor (again, standard) really makes the 7700G a sweet deal.
This system scored 88 in our World Bench 5 benchmark, which means it offers swift office application and multitasking performance. It was also very reliable during testing.
Graphics performance was on par with the other test machines that have integrated graphics, but the 7700G's PCIe slot will let you upgrade easily if you want more "grunt" for digital imaging or video applications. There is also ample room in the mid-tower case for extra hard drives, should your storage needs increase.
Acer backs the 7700G with a three-year on-site warranty, which includes next business day response time, if you are within 80km of an authorised Acer on-site service provider. The LCD monitor has a first year on-site swap warranty, while the second and third years are return-to-base.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- iMac Pro first look: Apple’s most powerful Mac is a multiprocessing beast
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Support EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTSalesforce/CRM Product Owner (CSPO)Other
- FTCyber Security Solution ArchitectOther
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSecurity EngineerOther
- TPIT Storage EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager ? Cyber SecurityQLD
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- FTSoftware Technical WriterOther
- FTProject Manager - Infrastructure ProjectsNSW
- FTUnified Endpoint Management Systems AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!WA
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTProduct Lead - DatabaseOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCIT Architect - Windows/SCCMNSW
- FTStakeholder Engagement Lead x2 (Land Access)Other