Acer TravelMate 8005LMi
- Great performance and battery life
- One-year RTB warranty
With its high performance, great battery life and extensive multimedia capabilities, the 8005LMi will undoubtedly please those looking for portable performance.
Price$ 3,049.00 (AUD)
High-end performance and great battery life are the main drawcards of this machine. Using a Dothan Pentium M CPU (running at 1.8GHz), the 8005LMi also has 512MB of memory and an 80GB hard drive. This combination of components produced a fine score of 279 in SYSMark 2001, and its 3D performance also turned out to be stellar in our tests thanks to the 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 PRO graphics chip.
Given its great all-round performance, we were pleasantly surprised when our worst-case-scenario battery test yielded a fantastic result of 130 minutes.
The multimedia connoisseur will make good use of the FireWire and USB 2.0 ports of this unit, as well as the 4X DVD burner and dedicated memory card slots. Parallel, serial and PS/2 ports are not provided, but you can purchase a port replicator if they are required.
Rounding out the system are wireless connectivity and a smart card slot. Perhaps the only shortcoming is the warranty, which is one-year return-to-base. Considering the asking price of the notebook, this is relatively brief, even though you do get a two-hour express turnaround.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
- 5 Bradley Digital Smoker review: Make a great barbecue even better
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft slash 15% off the Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3
- Huawei's new Matebook D14 is even cheaper on Amazon right now
- Huawei hold their own with new Matebook laptops
- Razer refresh Blade lineup with 300Hz screens and 10th Gen Core processors
- Tile connectivity is coming to the next generation of Intel laptops
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
I highly recommend the Dynabook Portégé® X30L-G notebook for everyday business use, it is a benchmark setting notebook of its generation in the lightweight category.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies