MSI looks to add executive chic to a winning laptop formula
Acer TravelMate 8005LMi
- Great performance and battery life
- One-year RTB warranty
With its high performance, great battery life and extensive multimedia capabilities, the 8005LMi will undoubtedly please those looking for portable performance.
Price$ 3,049.00 (AUD)
High-end performance and great battery life are the main drawcards of this machine. Using a Dothan Pentium M CPU (running at 1.8GHz), the 8005LMi also has 512MB of memory and an 80GB hard drive. This combination of components produced a fine score of 279 in SYSMark 2001, and its 3D performance also turned out to be stellar in our tests thanks to the 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 PRO graphics chip.
Given its great all-round performance, we were pleasantly surprised when our worst-case-scenario battery test yielded a fantastic result of 130 minutes.
The multimedia connoisseur will make good use of the FireWire and USB 2.0 ports of this unit, as well as the 4X DVD burner and dedicated memory card slots. Parallel, serial and PS/2 ports are not provided, but you can purchase a port replicator if they are required.
Rounding out the system are wireless connectivity and a smart card slot. Perhaps the only shortcoming is the warranty, which is one-year return-to-base. Considering the asking price of the notebook, this is relatively brief, even though you do get a two-hour express turnaround.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS TUF FX505 (Ryzen 7) review: Tolerable trade-offs
- 2 Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- Dell introduces new features to their Mobile Connect app
- 2020 MacBook Air review roundup: The keyboard steals the show, but base performance is just OK
- How much does the new Apple MacBook Air cost in Australia?
- Dell offers insights on 5G, foldables and the future of XPS
- Samsung's latest Snapdragon-powered laptop arrives on Jan 31
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Oppo Reno2 Z review
- HP Spectre x360 13: Full, in-depth review
- Here's how much the Motorola Razr will cost in Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies