Acer TravelMate 3010
- Solid performance
- Screen distorted when flexed
For its size and price this Acer is a great purchase. It has a strong selection of connectivity options crammed into a small package and good battery life as well.
Price$ 2,699.00 (AUD)
Good things do come in small packages, at least in the case of Acer's TravelMate 3010, which has all you need for a reasonable price. It's lightweight (1.6kg without power supply and with standard battery) but sturdy, though the screen displayed some distortion when flexed. Contrast levels weren't great on the 12.1in (1280x800) screen, especially from angles, but otherwise fine to view.
It comes with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, easy navigation buttons and a screen-mounted 1.3Mp (megapixel) camera that swivels 180 degrees. It also has a cleverly designed 5-in-1 media card reader that takes up one card slot. The TravelMate 3010 also manages to accommodate a wide range of ports. The unit's small form factor is aided by the exclusion of an internal optical drive. However, a FireWire connected Super-Multi DVD-RW (dual-layer) is included.
The unit scored well in our WorldBench 5 benchmark, achieving above average results in many tests. The overall result of 81 was good for an Intel 1.66GHz Core Duo CPU with only 512MB of RAM (533MHz) and an Intel 945GM graphics chipset. Unfortunately, the smaller (3-cell, 200g) battery that came with our unit was faulty, but we ran MobileMark 2002 on the supplied larger (6-cell, 350g) battery which lasted 210mins, while our worst case scenario test (playing a DVD) lasted 138mins.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- Crowdfunding campaign to bring wireless charging to the Macbook
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTJunior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Operational experience requiredOther
- FTPractice Director DevelopmentSA
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Integration SpecialistOther
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- FTOffice Manager | Start-up | Global Cloud ProviderVIC
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPMicrosoft Cloud Infrastructure Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- CCAPI Developer - ApigeeVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other