Acer TravelMate 2304LCi
- Great battery life, very light, relatively cheap
- The price precludes some extras
This inexpensive notebook impressed us with its lightness and battery life, but don't expect a comprehensive set of features.
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
Although inexpensive, the TravelMate 2304LCi is characterised by the same stylish corporate folio appearance as Acer's top-level range.
It features a CD writer/DVD player and 802.11b/g wireless networking using Acer's SignalUp antenna, which the company claims improves connection reliability.
The front fascia of the 2304LCi is where you'll find the built-in speakers, power status lights, Wi-Fi switch, audio connections (line-in, microphone and headphone) plus a USB port. The right-hand side of the notebook incorporates two more USB slots, the networking ports and support for one Type II PC Card.
Features are pared back to reduce cost, so don't expect TV-out or FireWire ports, a multiformat photo card reader or high-level graphics capable of playing the latest games. The integrated graphics are basic at best, but get the job done.
After benchmarking the TravelMate 2304LCi, we noted that it just outperformed the comparable ASUS A4L notebook in the PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark, but that the ASUS notebook nudged ahead (albeit with quite low scores) in the 3DMark 2001 graphics test.
Application performance is powered by an Intel Celeron M Processor 350 and 256MB of memory. Although not as powerful as a Pentium processor, the Celeron M (mobile) processor is better than the Celeron D processor for mobility. It helped this notebook achieve a great battery life of 77 minutes in our intensive battery tests. Acer also pre-installs a utility to help you adapt battery life/power settings as needed.
An investment in the TravelMate gets you a notebook that's very light and portable and should be up to the task of helping you take notes at work, university or school, plus burn CDs and watch DVDs when you get home.
The Acer TravelMate 2304LCi's warranty is one year, but there are options to increase this. You return it to base if anything goes wrong, and if you live in a capital city, you're guaranteed a fix within two hours. All up, this is an ideal machine to start your business or school/university year on the right foot.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTService Centre ConsultantQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSAP Functional AnalystACT
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTLead Consultant AIXOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Grants Management ProjectQLD
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- TPEnterprise Technology ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSupport OfficerQLD
- FTTester (Dynamics AX)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP HR LeadOther
- FTProject Manager ? Cyber SecurityQLD
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW