- Cheap, Solid picture quality
- Noticeable Rainbow Effect
$1299 is well priced for a projector, and despite the PD100's drawbacks, it performs exceptionally well as an all purpose business projector.
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
Weighing just 2.17Kgs, the Acer PD100 is a great projector for anyone on the move. Its small form factor (230x238x123 mm), resolution of 1280x1024 and built-in speaker make this an extremely versatile, multi-function unit, but it is definitely not for your home theatre aficionados.
Using the DLP projection system, the PD100 suffers a bit from the "rainbow effect", an artifact that appears as a multi-colour shimmer when watching videos with a lot of motion, or change in focus. Nevertheless, the picture quality is fairly good despite the small amount of "screen door effect" (when fine lines separating the pixels are visible on the projection) at up to 2m distance. The lamp life is rated at 2000 hours with a replacement lamp costing around $399.
The sound produced from the single internal speaker, with a low 2W of power, is merely sufficient. Set to its highest level there is significant distortion. However, it is loud enough and clear enough for an entire room to hear if required. And if you are broadcasting to a whole room, Acer has included a laser pointer on the remote. Acer claims its screen sizes can vary from anywhere between 88cm to 7.75m diagonally, from throw distances of 1.5m to 12m respectively.
Our tests using a mid-range throw of 5m delivered a nice 2.5m display. The projector's image is fairly visible in bright indoor light conditions, but outdoor daylight viewing is not recommended.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSAP Techno Function ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTUnix/AIX AdministratorOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Level ManagerSA
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTDesign Delivery Manager - Civil Engineering Background X2Other
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Sydney WestOther
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Organisational Change ManagerOther
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Contact Centre ApplicationsOther
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- TPSenior .Net Developer - 6 months contractQLD
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTMid Level Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSQL Database AdministratorQLD