Acer Extensa 3002WLM
- Multiformat DVD burner, great application performance.
- Crummy graphics performance.
Acer's Extensa 3302WLM is suitable for budget buyers looking for a good-looking notebook with a wide screen and DVD burning.
Price$ 2,199.00 (AUD)
Acer's low-cost Extensa range is perfect for the budget and educational markets. Acer has reduced costs on this particular 3000 series configuration by omitting Wi-Fi and accelerated graphics--however, these remain options.
The stylish 3002WLM has a 15.4" wide aspect display with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 800, driven by Intel Extreme Graphics 2 graphics (part of the 855GME chipset) that can steal up to 64MB from main memory.
Core specifications include an Intel Pentium M processor running at 1.6GHz, 256MB of 333MHz PC-2700 DDR SDRAM, a 4200rpm 40GB hard disk, multiformat DVD writer, S-Video TV-Out, FireWire and three USB 2.0 ports. One Type II PC Card is supported and cursor control is via a touchpad with scrolling button. Acer pre-installs Windows XP Home, its own custom software (covering boot order, power management and system settings) in addition to Acer Aspire Arcade 3.0 multimedia playback. It also bundles NTI CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 software and CyberLink PowerProducer 2 Gold for video authoring.
This brings us to one of the key advantages of this model: Acer has included a multiformat DVD burner as standard.
Our SYSMark 2001 benchmark returned 247 on the Acer, which is excellent for a sub-$2500 notebook. If you don't have a lot to spend, want a notebook that looks good, has a wide screen and can burn DVDs, this could be for you.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCScrum MasterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Start JUNE 18QLD
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTIT Technical Support Executive - Level 1/2Other
- CCSAP DevelopersNSW
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCScrum Master - Online DigitalVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior AX Developer / Team LeadOther
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- FTWeb DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureACT
- FTNetwork Engineer (Permanent Opportunity)QLD
- FTSenior SQL Server DBANSW
- CCInfrastructure System Specialist - BrisbaneVIC
- FT1st Level Technical SupportVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther