Acer Extensa 3002WLM
- Multiformat DVD burner, great application performance.
- Crummy graphics performance.
Acer's Extensa 3302WLM is suitable for budget buyers looking for a good-looking notebook with a wide screen and DVD burning.
Price$ 2,199.00 (AUD)
Acer's low-cost Extensa range is perfect for the budget and educational markets. Acer has reduced costs on this particular 3000 series configuration by omitting Wi-Fi and accelerated graphics--however, these remain options.
The stylish 3002WLM has a 15.4" wide aspect display with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 800, driven by Intel Extreme Graphics 2 graphics (part of the 855GME chipset) that can steal up to 64MB from main memory.
Core specifications include an Intel Pentium M processor running at 1.6GHz, 256MB of 333MHz PC-2700 DDR SDRAM, a 4200rpm 40GB hard disk, multiformat DVD writer, S-Video TV-Out, FireWire and three USB 2.0 ports. One Type II PC Card is supported and cursor control is via a touchpad with scrolling button. Acer pre-installs Windows XP Home, its own custom software (covering boot order, power management and system settings) in addition to Acer Aspire Arcade 3.0 multimedia playback. It also bundles NTI CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 software and CyberLink PowerProducer 2 Gold for video authoring.
This brings us to one of the key advantages of this model: Acer has included a multiformat DVD burner as standard.
Our SYSMark 2001 benchmark returned 247 on the Acer, which is excellent for a sub-$2500 notebook. If you don't have a lot to spend, want a notebook that looks good, has a wide screen and can burn DVDs, this could be for you.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Tester - Asset Finance OR mortgage app testing essentialOther
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTAWS Data ArchitectsOther
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Delphi, VMS, FortranOther
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPChange Analyst / ManagerQLD
- CCFinance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Developers (SAP CRM, PSCD, HANA, UI5)Other
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordiantor - Warehouse and Supply Chain ManagementOther
- FTGraduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web ServicesQLD
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- FTPega / BPM DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTData Centre EngineerOther
- FTDeveloper- Xamarin, ASP.Net, Ajax, Java Script, MVC , AndroidOther
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystOther