Acer Aspire EasyStore
Easy and speedy
- Fast delivery of media, attractive design, easy-to-use Web interface
- Pricey, wireless connection caused set-up problems, no Mac software, Windows software poor, drives hard to get at
The Aspire EasyStore is pricey compared to the competition, but it is fast and easy to use.
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
While clearly aimed at home users, the Aspire EasyStore offers much that will appeal to small studios — such as ease of use, speedy media delivery, appealing design, and the ability to work as a wireless router.
Whether in RAID 0, 1, or 5 mode, the EasyStore is the fastest of any of the NAS devices we looked at recently to copy media from, which is unsurprising as it's designed to be used to stream video and audio.
Nor was it slow when copying media to the device, although its test scores here were behind its main rivals, Iomega's four-drive StorCenter and Thecus's three-drive N3200.
The EasyStore's glossy, black chassis is attractive, and it sports the now-obligatory blue LEDs. The back has an Ethernet port and a wireless antenna — but no USB ports for attaching portable drives. The wireless connection is too slow for the EasyStore to be connected to your network that way and it interfered with the setting up of the unit. Another drawback are the drives themselves, which are fiddly to access and replace.
The included EasySearch software is easily the worst found here. There's no Mac version - though Mac users can log onto the EasyStore - and it's a pain to use. It locks up to scan your network every few seconds.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCTRIM Support OfficerVIC
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedNSW
- TPBA Enterprise ProgramVIC
- FTData Center EngineerOther
- FTBig Data EngineerOther
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTETL & SQL Data AnalystOther
- FTData Specialist (SSIS, CRM)ACT
- CCProject Manager - Go to Market programVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTFront End Developer with UX designOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- CCIP Network EngineerNSW
- FTMEAN Stack DeveloperACT
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD