Acer Aspire 1802WSM
- High performance, lots of options, 17' screen
The Acer is a powerful notebook, capable of operating as a media centre PC.
Price$ 3,048.00 (AUD)
Wielding PCI Express graphics (in the form of ATI's 64MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X600) in combination with a 3GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor and 512MB of dual channel PC2700 DDR SDRAM pushed the Acer Aspire to impressive heights of performance during our testing. It returned high scores of 10358 in 3DMark 2001, 284 in SYSMark 2001 and 76 in PC WorldBench 5.
The 1802WSM comes with a 60GB 4200rpm hard disk plus a dual-format DVD burner. A built-in TV tuner is optional.
The Acer is capable of playing DVDs, VCDs and MP3 music without booting into Windows. Using a fast-boot Linux-based mode (controlled via front fascia buttons), it can play back discs without the need to boot the full OS. This all looks a treat on the 17" display. The Acer can be controlled with the bundled wireless remote.
We liked the underside subwoofer and that Acer used the entire length of the notebook to implement a dedicated number pad (which is great for everything from accounts to gaming).
We also liked the integrated multi-card reader, S-Video TV-out port and the amount of peripheral and network connection options. Wireless networking is optional. The Acer Aspire 1802WSM is a strong offering with a one-year warranty (and two-hour turnaround guaranteed in capital cities).
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMultiple Pega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Designer - TelcoVIC
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineers / Infrastructure EngineersNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior ArchitectACT
- FTETL DeveloperACT
- FTProject SchedulersQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTCoordinator X2 - Construction, Transport, RailOther
- FTInfrastructure Manager / Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystSA
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Telecommunications & ITSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FT3 X Project Managers - Financial ServicesOther