Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
- Brilliant colour response.
- Dim backlighting.
This unit produced an excellent colour response. A great all-round screen for watching movies, playing games or browsing the Internet.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
Acer's AL1912M panel is capable of displaying up to 16.7million colours. This means that it has the ability to reproduce a large colour gamut.
When put through DisplayMate, the AL1912M displayed all the greyscale levels clearly in the extreme greyscale tests, while maintaining a solid black background. It was splendid in the colour blending and 256-level colour intensity ramp tests, where colour banding was not noticeable.
It's not an overly bright monitor - its specifications list a brightness rating of only 250cd/m². However, this was not a problem in our testing environment and, coupled with its contrast ratio of 500:1, this monitor produced a vibrant image, yet neutral colours. Viewing from the sides and from the top was also very good and the amount of blurring we noticed in the motion blur test was minimal.
As an everyday screen the AL1912M is superb. It can be used for office work, games and movies, which makes it a pretty versatile screen. It has analog input only, but this no doubt helps keep the cost down. The AL1912M has a 2cm bezel around the side and top edges of the screen. A simple and narrow base is attached to the neck of the monitor, but this base is not very stable, as it lifts up a little when tilting the screen.
While Acer has a recommended retail price, a quick online search yielded prices lower than this. At that lower price, you should definitely consider picking one up.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Acer unveils new range of desktop PCs, notebooks and gaming machines
- Asus Announces The Latest Designo Curve MX32VQ Monitor
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Overwatch Devs celebrate Anniversary event by sharing insights into the game's future
- Nokia 8 Sirocco review: Full, in-depth review
- HTC promise more Edge Sense and a better camera with the HTC U12+
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies