- Brilliant colour response.
- Dim backlighting.
This unit produced an excellent colour response. A great all-round screen for watching movies, playing games or browsing the Internet.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
Acer's AL1912M panel is capable of displaying up to 16.7million colours. This means that it has the ability to reproduce a large colour gamut.
When put through DisplayMate, the AL1912M displayed all the greyscale levels clearly in the extreme greyscale tests, while maintaining a solid black background. It was splendid in the colour blending and 256-level colour intensity ramp tests, where colour banding was not noticeable.
It's not an overly bright monitor - its specifications list a brightness rating of only 250cd/m². However, this was not a problem in our testing environment and, coupled with its contrast ratio of 500:1, this monitor produced a vibrant image, yet neutral colours. Viewing from the sides and from the top was also very good and the amount of blurring we noticed in the motion blur test was minimal.
As an everyday screen the AL1912M is superb. It can be used for office work, games and movies, which makes it a pretty versatile screen. It has analog input only, but this no doubt helps keep the cost down. The AL1912M has a 2cm bezel around the side and top edges of the screen. A simple and narrow base is attached to the neck of the monitor, but this base is not very stable, as it lifts up a little when tilting the screen.
While Acer has a recommended retail price, a quick online search yielded prices lower than this. At that lower price, you should definitely consider picking one up.
Join the newsletter!
When the Hypertext Transfer Protocol was introduced nearly 30 years ago, the Internet was a small, cozy club hosting just one website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sharp renews Huddle Board offering
- MSI and SteelSeries team up on curved gaming monitors
- Acer unveils new range of desktop PCs, notebooks and gaming machines
- Asus Announces The Latest Designo Curve MX32VQ Monitor
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Canon EOS 1500D: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U12+: Full, in-depth review
- Dell G5 review: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies