Abit Computer RX700 Pro
- Performs reasonably well
- Only 128MB of memory, no extras
It's a little cheaper than comparable cards, but its performance is not quite up to scratch.
Price$ 279.00 (AUD)
This card has a memory capacity of 128MB of GDDR3, which is half the capacity of many other cards that use the same processor. It is based on the ATI Radeon X700 PRO GPU, and its clock speeds are 425MHz for the GPU and 866MHz for the memory.
The cooling solution on the chip is an active one, meaning it has a fan as well as a heat sink on its GPU, but the memory chips do not have any heat sinks attached. In our tests, its performance was slightly lower than other 256MB X700 PRO-based cards.
Installation was very simple using the auto-run CD-ROM, and the card ran reliably and relatively quietly throughout our tests.
The card does not ship with any games nor any extra utilities, but it does have video-out capabilities and a DVI port, and ships with composite and S-Video cables as well as a DVI-VGA adapter. Its price tag is lower than the other cards in its class, but comparatively, its performance scores and the lack of a gaming bundle do not make it an attractive purchase. There is also a 256MB version of this card available.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- CCNetwork Specialist - NetApp Storage and Cisco IP-SANVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Change AnalystVIC
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - HealthQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContinuous Improvement and Change Specialist (Black Belt) - Contract - Nth SydNSW
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- CCProject EngineerNSW
- FTIT Procurement Analyst - AWS, On-PremOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsACT
- TPChange Management OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Applications Project ManagerACT
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTAPI Developer | Full stackOther
- CCSenior Storage Specialist - NetApp Storage and Cisco IP-SANVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java developer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCJava Tech Lead with AEMNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- CCFront-End Developer (React)NSW