Abit Computer Fatal1ty AA8XE motherboard
- Easy installation, Superior heat resistance, No evidence of instability
- None to speak of.
This board should capture the imagination of the gaming market, thanks to its cooling innovations, fast specs and red-illuminated edges.
Price$ 420.00 (AUD)
This motherboard squarely targets gamers who want to build a powerful and intimidating rig.
It uses the 925XE chipset from Intel, which means it will accommodate Pentium 4 processors that have a 1066MHz frontside bus, DDR2 memory modules, PCI Express graphics, up to four SATA hard drives and dual network connections. It has all the peripheral connectivity you would expect of a board in this class, although only one parallel ATA port is provided.
The focus of the AA8XE is robustness. ABIT claims that each board is put through the wringer to ensure rock-solid stability (something we can attest to having witnessed first-hand in the component temperature testing rooms at ABIT's development headquarters). It's apparent that this board has undergone extensive engineering to combat heat issues, and this manifests primarily around the CPU, where dual extraction fans, heat sinks and a fan-shroud have been used to cool the MOSFETs (metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistors). According to ABIT's research, these transistors become among the hottest running components during strenuous periods of system use.
In addition, ABIT has strategically placed copper strips underneath the CPU area to draw heat away from the circuit board itself, and a rigid fan assembly has been created to cool the memory modules. All fans are controlled by the mGuru utility, which also monitors system temperatures.
Installation was a breeze, although we did have to remove the fan shroud to gain access to the mounting hole in the top-left corner of the board.
We then tested this board for a full work day with strenuous 2D and 3D workloads and, as hoped, found no evidence of instability or heat-related issues.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- TPEnterprise Applications AdministratorQLD
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Applications Specialist - Cerner MillenniumOther
- CCIP Network EngineerNSW
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness QA Manager - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTJunior Digital/Marketing Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystOther
- CCService Designer - GovernmentNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTOffice 365 SMEOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business ArchitectOther
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC