Abit Computer A8N
- Easy to install, stable
- Difficult to access floppy controller.
All things considered, we really liked this board's ease of installation, stability and performance and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone who wants a well-performing Athlon system, but doesn't need the plethora of features that ASUS and MSI offer.
Price$ 198.00 (AUD)
This Nvidia nForce4 board was easy to install and very stable during our tests. Indeed, we had no trouble at all installing Windows XP on our RAID 0 array using the supplied floppy diskette, and the board ran our dual-core processor without any fuss.
As it's not based on the nForce4 SLI chipset, it has a single PCIe slot, which is located just below the fan-cooled nForce chipset. Immediately to the right of this slot are the SATA ports, and immediately below the SATA ports are the pin-headers for the additional USB 2.0 ports. This area may get crammed if you use a large graphics card. Another layout quirk is the placement of the floppy controller on the bottom edge of the motherboard just under a PCI slot. This makes it difficult to access, especially once the board is attached to the chassis.
ABIT's use of its OTES (outside thermal exhaust system) cooling system is in full effect on this board, with fans located in the rear port cluster in place of audio ports and serial and parallel ports. The rear cluster does retain a FireWire port as well as PS/2, Ethernet and USB 2.0 ports, but the audio ports need to be connected to a special slot through the supplied audio expansion bracket. Because the OTES cooling system sits on the top corner of the board, you would have to remove its shrouding in order to access the screw-hole when mounting it to your chassis.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCTest Specialist - eCommerceVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst-Data GovernanceOther
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystSA
- FTChange Manager OR Senior Change AnalystOther
- FTScientific Software DeveloperOther
- TPAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Tech Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCLead Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTTechnical Writer, Infrastructure and SystemsOther
- FTSQL BI Developer - SSRS, Power BIOther
- FTChange Management LeadOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTRESTful services - Senior Tech LeadACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- CCC# Developer (Back-end)VIC
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther