Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
360 Fly Mobile VR Viewer headset review
You can buy the same Virtual Reality goggles for less. If you can find them.
- Better built than similar review products
- On sale at major tech retailer
- Identical headsets costs less
At $69 it's still relatively cheap in the market. But 3SIXT has an identical model for $40 - it's just harder to find.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
[Update: Check out our review of the 360 Fly 4K action camera]
We’re starting to see more and more VR headsets hit the market. This one belongs to 360fly – the makers of the impressive 360-degree VR camera.
You can attach most phones to it (3.5-inch up to 6-inches). The clasp is sharp and fiddly, though and it covers a phone’s buttons while also putting pressure on them and activating them (while setting up). However, once everything is settled you’ve a decent-enough, no-frills VR headset.
[Related: Google Daydream VR full, in-depth review]
The problem is, we’ve already seen the exact same thing from 3SIXT. Whoever is making this unit is rebranding it for various vendors. The main issue here is that 3SIXT’s unit sells for $40 while 360fly’s sells for $69.
As such we recommend you read the 3SIXT Virtual Reality Headset review, here which goes into much more detail.
There are some minor differences, though. The 3SIXT model we tested had very flimsy pieces of plastic holding the straps. The fixtures here are more solid. It makes us think that the factory has adapted it’s manufacturing processes since we received our 3SIXT review sample. Other minor differences are cosmetic, with decals and surface contours exhibiting some minor differences.
However, a potentially more-compelling issue is supply. It’s hard to find the 3SIXT model online and on the high street you’ve only got News Link, Optus, Virgin and Telstra stores stocking it.
As such it’s easier to get obtain the 360fly version which can be bought from JB-HiFi.
So while it costs more than the 3SIXT, that counts for nothing if you can’t actually find the 3SIXT or if you have to spend time or money procuring it.
Elsewhere, you’ve got the Samsung Gear VR which is worth paying more for if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, thanks to the on-board controllers. There’s also the brand-new Zeiss VR One Plus headset, which does the same thing but with far superior optics and a much higher price tag.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Release Date & Spec Rumours
- Suunto 9 promises 120 hours of battery life
- Fitbit ship one million Versa smartwatches in two months
- WWDC 2018: watchOS 5 adds walkie-talkie mode and more
- Computex 2018: ASUS debut world’s first blood-pressure tracking smartwatch
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies