360 Fly Mobile VR Viewer headset review
You can buy the same Virtual Reality goggles for less. If you can find them.
- Better built than similar review products
- On sale at major tech retailer
- Identical headsets costs less
At $69 it's still relatively cheap in the market. But 3SIXT has an identical model for $40 - it's just harder to find.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
[Update: Check out our review of the 360 Fly 4K action camera]
We’re starting to see more and more VR headsets hit the market. This one belongs to 360fly – the makers of the impressive 360-degree VR camera.
You can attach most phones to it (3.5-inch up to 6-inches). The clasp is sharp and fiddly, though and it covers a phone’s buttons while also putting pressure on them and activating them (while setting up). However, once everything is settled you’ve a decent-enough, no-frills VR headset.
[Related: Google Daydream VR full, in-depth review]
The problem is, we’ve already seen the exact same thing from 3SIXT. Whoever is making this unit is rebranding it for various vendors. The main issue here is that 3SIXT’s unit sells for $40 while 360fly’s sells for $69.
As such we recommend you read the 3SIXT Virtual Reality Headset review, here which goes into much more detail.
There are some minor differences, though. The 3SIXT model we tested had very flimsy pieces of plastic holding the straps. The fixtures here are more solid. It makes us think that the factory has adapted it’s manufacturing processes since we received our 3SIXT review sample. Other minor differences are cosmetic, with decals and surface contours exhibiting some minor differences.
However, a potentially more-compelling issue is supply. It’s hard to find the 3SIXT model online and on the high street you’ve only got News Link, Optus, Virgin and Telstra stores stocking it.
As such it’s easier to get obtain the 360fly version which can be bought from JB-HiFi.Read more: Zeiss VR One Plus Virtual Reality headset review
So while it costs more than the 3SIXT, that counts for nothing if you can’t actually find the 3SIXT or if you have to spend time or money procuring it.
Elsewhere, you’ve got the Samsung Gear VR which is worth paying more for if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, thanks to the on-board controllers. There’s also the brand-new Zeiss VR One Plus headset, which does the same thing but with far superior optics and a much higher price tag.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple Watch Series 3 reviews: The good, the bad, and the ugly
- Apple Watch Series 3: Five reasons why it's a must-upgrade
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- Fitbit give their Ionic smartwatch an IFA reveal
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTJunior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Operational experience requiredOther
- FTPractice Director DevelopmentSA
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Integration SpecialistOther
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- FTOffice Manager | Start-up | Global Cloud ProviderVIC
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPMicrosoft Cloud Infrastructure Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- CCAPI Developer - ApigeeVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other