360 Fly Mobile VR Viewer headset review
You can buy the same Virtual Reality goggles for less. If you can find them.
- Better built than similar review products
- On sale at major tech retailer
- Identical headsets costs less
At $69 it's still relatively cheap in the market. But 3SIXT has an identical model for $40 - it's just harder to find.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
[Update: Check out our review of the 360 Fly 4K action camera]
We’re starting to see more and more VR headsets hit the market. This one belongs to 360fly – the makers of the impressive 360-degree VR camera.
You can attach most phones to it (3.5-inch up to 6-inches). The clasp is sharp and fiddly, though and it covers a phone’s buttons while also putting pressure on them and activating them (while setting up). However, once everything is settled you’ve a decent-enough, no-frills VR headset.
[Related: Google Daydream VR full, in-depth review]
The problem is, we’ve already seen the exact same thing from 3SIXT. Whoever is making this unit is rebranding it for various vendors. The main issue here is that 3SIXT’s unit sells for $40 while 360fly’s sells for $69.
As such we recommend you read the 3SIXT Virtual Reality Headset review, here which goes into much more detail.
There are some minor differences, though. The 3SIXT model we tested had very flimsy pieces of plastic holding the straps. The fixtures here are more solid. It makes us think that the factory has adapted it’s manufacturing processes since we received our 3SIXT review sample. Other minor differences are cosmetic, with decals and surface contours exhibiting some minor differences.
However, a potentially more-compelling issue is supply. It’s hard to find the 3SIXT model online and on the high street you’ve only got News Link, Optus, Virgin and Telstra stores stocking it.
As such it’s easier to get obtain the 360fly version which can be bought from JB-HiFi.
So while it costs more than the 3SIXT, that counts for nothing if you can’t actually find the 3SIXT or if you have to spend time or money procuring it.
Elsewhere, you’ve got the Samsung Gear VR which is worth paying more for if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, thanks to the on-board controllers. There’s also the brand-new Zeiss VR One Plus headset, which does the same thing but with far superior optics and a much higher price tag.
Join the newsletter!
Toys for Boys
MSI looks to add executive chic to a winning laptop formula
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 3 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- Google bid on Fitbit
- IFA 2019: Fauna's Focus smartglasses thrive where Bose fails
- IFA 2019: TCL's wearable display smartglasses are right out of Black Mirror
- IFA 2019: Amazfit's new smartwatch is the best Apple Watch clone I've ever seen
- Fitbit Versa 2 hands-on: Alexa, OLED, and an always-on display make a compelling upgrade
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies