"If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work."
Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
The Secret Armory of General Knoxx picks up immediately after the end of Borderland's main campaign and expands the world of Pandora by offering forty-four new missions as well as a new level cap
- Full of new characters, vehicles, weapons, and environments; new level cap is welcome; good value
- The difficulty is disjointed and can be frustrating at times; gamers who haven't already maxed out their characters need not apply
The Secret Army of General Knoxx, the latest instalment in the ever-growing collection of Borderlands DLC, offers up a stellar assortment of enemies, weapons, areas, and perks for jaded vault-dwellers. With a heightened level-cap and plenty of worthwhile gameplay tweaks, General Knoxx is easily worth the price of admission.
Price$ 29.99 (AUD)
The Secret Armory of General Knoxx picks up immediately after the end of Borderland's main campaign and expands the world of Pandora by offering forty-four new missions as well as a new level cap. It's a perfect DLC purchase for diehard Borderland adventurers looking for a greater post-apocalyptic challenge than the original retail package. The Secret Armory of General Knoxx centers on the vigilante Athena who wants to take down the mega-corporation Atlas. Fearing that their vice-grip on Pandora is slipping away, Atlas rears its ugly head to beat the colonists back into submission. Athena enlists you in her fight against corporate greed by offering you a large reward: all the spoils contained in the armory of the cantankerous General Knoxx. Unfortunately, the story is ultimately of little consequence, and the corporate vigilante angle falls by the wayside. Still, it's nice to see Gearbox put some effort into fleshing out the franchise's canon.
The core of the expansion grants players access to new vehicles, new weapons, new enemies, and a higher level cap of 61, offering seasoned vets a new plateau to reach as well as 11 new skill points to obtain. The new environment are vast webs of horizon-bound highways with a myriad of optional areas to explore and new drops to be found. Much like the main game, The Secret Armory can be played alone, but it's best when enjoyed cooperatively thanks to the uneven difficulty of some of the missions. Certain sequences feel unbalanced for solo-play in their difficulty scaling, even at the recommended mission levels. I had trouble with speedy Ninja Assassins and the sneaky Meat Popsicles -- yes, that's their actual name -- that pop out of nowhere, so having some mates to cover my back proved critical.
The overall attention in the Secret Armory is impressive, and the quirks that made the main game so memorable are definitely present here. From the consistently good voice acting to the appearance of familiar characters, the Secret Armory is bubbling over with Borderlands' trademark style. It's an exceptional addition to the franchise, and adds loads of content to satiate Borderlands veterans. It's a must-have for fans of the series, and it's a terrific follow-up to the also excellent Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- League of Legends to headline Melbourne's first Esports Open
- E3 2018: Every big game announcement and trailer
- Computex 2018: G.Skill draw eyes with new 'Crystal-RGB' RAM and new gaming gear
- Computex 2018: Everything new announced and shown by MSI
- Computex 2018: ROG up their game with new Strix II notebooks
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies