Project Officer - ICT
The Patient Administration System (PAS) Replacement Program aims to ensure that Queensland Health has effective patient administration solutions to support the engagement of patients and drive contemporary models of care. The program's mandate is to introduce contemporary patient administration capability and to retire the Hospital Based Corporate Information System (HBCIS) modules that are in use across Queensland Hospital and Health Services.
The program will ensure that care is optimised within facilities including integration of patient administration applications with electronic medical record systems and reporting platforms, support patient administration processes to be standardised where possible, and promote state-wide collaborative governance and oversight to ensure that mistakes of the past are not revisited.
This is an initial 12 month contracting role, starting ASAP with the possibility of an extension, located in Fortitude Valley.
The successful candidate will provide program/project support to assist in the successful delivery of large scale, complex Information Management (IM) and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) program/project(s).
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with QH values
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe, services and workplaces.
- Support and coordinate the delivery of specialised and/or small work packages involving IM/ICT, ensuring solutions delivered are responsive to customer needs and sustainable in an enterprise environment.
- Monitor and report on work package activities against agreed criteria.
- Monitor resources and expenditure within the agreed work package budgets against the project forecasts.
- Support risk and issue identification, assessment and mitigation activities by ensuring risks and issues are documented, reviewed and escalated as appropriate.
- Maintain program/project files in accordance with Queensland Health regulations and policies.
- Assist with the compilation of project management reports and other general administrative tasks.
- Ensure use of appropriate project management techniques, methodologies and tools in line with Queensland Health policy.
- Maintain relationships with and between internal and external stakeholders, facilitate effective communications and foster relationships through lessons learned, feedback mechanisms and management of expectations.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in an IM/ICT project environment, including risk management, reporting and budgeting, procurement, governance and an ability to coordinate the delivery of work packages.
- Experience in, or the ability to assist with the compilation of program/project information, maintenance of program/project files and the preparation and presentation of management reports.
- Knowledge of appropriate project and/or program management methodologies (preferably PRINCE2 and/or Managing Successful Programme), and an ability to provide advice on the use of appropriate project management techniques, methodologies and tools.
- Proven effective oral and written communication skills, and an ability to work in a team environment developing effective relationships with stakeholders. (NHS: Effective and strategic influencing, Collaborative working)
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and an ability to coordinate multiple tasks within agreed priorities, timeframes and accountabilities.
- Experience within the health industry is advantegous
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Graham in our Brisbane office on 07 3258 8380, quoting Ref No. 4A/19582.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
- ZTE slams "unfair" trade ban
- Google pauses Allo, presses play on Chat
- Garmin introduce Edge 520 Plus GPS cycling computer
- Huawei reveal just when Australians will be able to buy the new P20 Pro
- Intel pull plug on Vaunt AR smartglasses
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- TPSystem AnalystACT
- FTVMWare LeadOther
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTEngagement Specialist (Information Management/Land Access)Other
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDatabase Systems Specialist-BathurstNSW
- FTC# .Net Developer | Fintech Products | Market LeaderOther
- TPBusiness AnalystsVIC
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- FTBig Data Analyst/Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Release ManagerQLD
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTUnified Endpoint Management Systems AnalystOther
- FTReporting Business Analyst - $62 phOther
- FTProcurement sales managerOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security TransformationOther
- CCEnterprise Architecture - Strategy ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC
- FTProgram Project Manager, Business Technology EnablementOther