Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Principal Project Manager
Our client, an established government organisation, is seeking a Principal Project Manager to oversee large and complex Science ICT projects. The successful candidate will report to senior management in relation to project risks, significant development issues and progress against the project schedule.
This is a contract role until July 2018 with possibility of extension, paying up to $115/hour including super. Role is based in suburbs just outside of Brisbane CBD.
- Initiate new projects and deliver high level communication to project sponsors and other key stakeholders ensuring they are briefed on projects objectives, milestones and progress.
- Hands on leadership and management of projects working directly with team members and stakeholders to effectively plan, estimate and carry out solution delivery within time, budget and quality targets, and in accordance with appropriate standards, methods and procedures, coupled with effective release planning and scheduling.
- Establish plans and schedules for internal and external project activities, including financial plans and estimates to ensure successful project delivery.
- Scope and manage critical, high profile ICT-enabled business change initiatives, in order to achieve agreed objectives in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advise, recommend and prepare supporting architectural products based on expertise and experience in the technology domains for assigned projects.
- Set direction, define and develop innovative methods to manage data information, models and products and to ensure discoverability, accessibility, interoperability, security, integrity, safety and availability.
- Identify new and alternative approaches to performing data acquisition through to data publication activities including recognition of the potential for automation, assessment of the costs and potential benefits of the new approaches considered and, where appropriate, management of change and implementation.
- Monitor, manage and control project activities in accordance with agreed plans, including management of financial costs, risks and issues, and ensure that appropriate corrective actions are taken to deliver the project on time and to budget
- Prepare relevant project documentation to a high standard, to ensure appropriate communication of project scope, objectives, status and deliverables.
- Work with the Program Manager and the Project Executive to establish and facilitate governance arrangements, to ensure decisions are made at an appropriate level.
- Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders including cross-agency representatives, consultants and contractors, to ensure project success.
- Liaise with Program staff and Directors, and respective Portfolio, Program and Project Offices to establish change management and benefit realisation strategies with primary stakeholders.
- Work with the Program support team to source vendor and contract resources in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards, and negotiate and manage vendor engagements and contracts to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Maintain own professional development whilst contributing to a learning culture with the aim of achieving best practice project delivery through enhancing the capabilities of other project staff.
- Produce project artefacts based on Prince2® Project Management methodology.
- Lead and mentor senior and specialist staff and other project managers
Key Selection Criteria:
- Working on critical systems in complex and diverse business and technology environments, with both technical project management and architectural skillsets in a Principal/Senior role.
- Proven ability to manage complex data-centric systems remediation, modernisation and consolidation projects including architecture development, open source and/or COTS integration, and implementation services.
- Expert in effectively managing multiple projects, work packages and activities leveraging shared resources in a value for money focused manner.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and schedule projects using Microsoft Project and monitor projects to ensure project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, time and scope, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and manage project risks and issues and establish and maintain project registers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop project artefacts including benefits realisation plans, project and stage plans, and project communication documents, ensuring that realistic and quality project artefacts are prepared and maintained throughout the life of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, manage and motivate a project team including planning and prioritising work, ensuring deadlines are met, managing budget and resources, maintaining confidentiality and exercising discretion in the absence of decision makers.
- Proven ability to gather information and advice for business and systems analysis, and design so that the systems meet business requirements.
- Well-developed change management skills, with the ability to manage the change process, identifying and defining specific measures by which benefits can be measured and monitor benefits against the business case, supporting the business and senior management to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and lead activities in the realisation of benefits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain project communication channels and facilitate collaboration and open communication amongst stakeholder groups.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and customers, and possess a high degree of interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to work with stakeholders of all levels and styles.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Prince2® or Prince2® Agile Project Management Certified (Foundation Certified Practitioner Desirable).
- Qualifications or experience in Agile Methodologies.
- Previous experience working in Government agencies would be advantageous.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Brett Elliott on (07) 3258 8391, quoting Ref No. 4A/19623. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
- Netgear Arlo Go review: An expensive but comprehensive home security solution
- Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- Garmin introduces compact Edge 130 GPS bike computer
- ZTE slams "unfair" trade ban
- Google pauses Allo, presses play on Chat
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Desktop Support AnalystOther
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- FTProxy Product Owner - $800pdOther
- CCWindows Desk Migration EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Security Manager - Permanent - Sydney RegionNSW
- FTSolution Architect - MDMOther
- TPSenior Change MaangerACT
- CCDevOps ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Connection Manager (Telco/Operations)Other
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- CCOffice365 SpecialistNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Technical Support Executive - Level 1/2Other
- CCChange Analyst-TransformationNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- FTJunior BA x 2Other
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerVIC
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPProject ManagerACT