Data Engineer (Java / Scala / Agile) - Government - Contract - Sydney
- Must be an Australian Citizen for Security Clearance purposes (Baseline)
- 6 month initial contract with potential for extension to 12 months
- Sydney North Shore location, close to transport and shops
Join a highly skilled team working on integration and feature build out of data heavy applications using the latest COTS technology.
Are you a strong Data Engineer with strong integration experience of data heavy Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications? If the answer is yes, this large Government department is looking for you...
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large team working in an Agile methodology, using the latest technologies. You will join on an initial 6 month contract that may extend to 12 months, seeing you through into 2019.
Only Australian Citizens are able to be considered for this role due to Security Clearance requirements; those already holding Baseline Security Clearance will have an advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Backend end integrations with Opentext document management system
- Custom data pipeline coding and design
- Backend development of report and entity features
- Backend development of auditing features
- Backend development and customisations on share capability of search criteria, including notifications
- Develop additional search capabilities: complex, report, search against configured synonyms
- Develop reporting capabilities: IGIS, audit stats, run stats on transaction reports, dashboards
- Identity and Access Management (IDAM)
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Be an Australian Citizen for Security Clearance purposes
- Proven experience in Java and Scala, web containers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss) and web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS)
- Building integrations with external systems (APIs, FTP, JSON, EDI, XML)
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases
- Experience with technologies such as Spark, Postgres, HDFS and Elastic Search
- Experience in data modelling and data pipeline design
- Previous experience in technical application support, build and deploy for one or more IAM product suites
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Virginia Sarkis on 02 94645575. Please quote our job reference number: 200175434.
Reference Number: 200175434_3
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Jobs you may also be interested in ...
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
- Garmin introduces compact Edge 130 GPS bike computer
- ZTE slams "unfair" trade ban
- Google pauses Allo, presses play on Chat
- Garmin introduce Edge 520 Plus GPS cycling computer
- Huawei reveal just when Australians will be able to buy the new P20 Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDB2 SpecialistACT
- CCPrincipal Project Manager - ieMR ImplementationQLD
- FTSoftware ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Manufacturing SystemsOther
- FTIntegration ArchitectOther
- FTProgram Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCTivoli Netcool DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct Lead - DatabaseOther
- CCReact DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSupport Consultant (Chris 21)Other
- TPSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Media Applications SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPPMO AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTProduction Support AnalystOther
- CCIT Cloud EngineerNSW