IT Security Engineer
IT Security Engineer
About the Role
The IT Security Engineer is a role within Cyber Security Operations, reporting the Cyber Operations Manager. The successful applicant be expected to be contribute to the expert IT security operational management and change implementation requirements of IT, Faculties, Divisions, Affiliate and stakeholders. This role will require the ability to engage, collaborate, and negotiate effectively and to adjust personal style and approach to optimise outcomes.
- Strong firewall skills (PaloAlto, Cisco)
- Web Application Firewalls (F5 - ASM, ModSecurity)
- Switching and Routing (Cisco, Nexus, Cumulus)
- Load Balancing (F5 - LTM, Citrix - Netscaler)
- Proxy(Blue Coat - ProxySG)
- Vulnerability Management (Nessus)
- Security Monitoring (McAfee ESM , SumoLogic, SPLUNK)
- Cloud access security brokers (SkyHigh networks)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- DNS (Infoblox)
- AWS Security, Azure & Office365 Security
- Endpoint Security (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Cylance)
- Assist with Incident responses and BAU security change management.
- Assist with the Installation, configuration and upgrade of hardware, systems and software for in scope security services
- Management of security tunning, monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting and continuous improvement to optimise performance of WAF, Firewall and VPN Policy
- Updating operational documentation
- Participate with on call roster.
- Assist with the Security assessment of new applications and systems and major updates
- Assist with the review and modification of local IT Security policies,
- Assess and advise on the practicality of testing process alternatives. Initiates improvements to test processes and directs their implementation
- Collaborate across a range of teams and roles
- Scope, organise and managed IT Security Assessments, Vulnerability scanning and Management of 3rd party Penetration testing engagements.
- Ensure hazards and risks are identified and controlled for tasks, projects and activities that pose a health and safety risk within your area of responsibility.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field as well as 5+ years' experience in Cyber Security operations.
- Appropriate Cyber Security certification such as CISSP, CISM or SANS GIAC GCIH/GCFA.
- Appropriate security experience with enterprise-scale Office 365, Azure and AWS environments.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools including Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ensuring that the underlying problem is understood and a robust approach / solution is developed
- Established communication and stakeholder management skills across a wide range of stakeholders
- Appropriate experience working with Higher Educational environments would be highly desirable.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nick Munro
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Join the newsletter!
- Surviving Mars review: Spreading humanity to the stars isn't easy
- Microsoft tries forcing Mail users to open links in Edge, and people are freaking out
- This week in games: Shadow of the Tomb Raider confirmed, Witcher 3's Geralt joins Soulcalibur VI
- Record your travels for cheap with this $30 dash cam
- In Pictures: Netgear launch the Nighthawk XR500 gaming router
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProcurement SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Analyst - Enterprise Reference DataOther
- FTSQL Infrastructure Engineer / DBAOther
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java/AWS/NoSQL)Other
- CCCommunications SpecialistNSW
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTProject Manager SAP Project DeliveryOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- CCSCCM Application Packager - BrisbaneNSW
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Health PASQLD
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTDesktop Engineer Level 1 - 2Other
- FTSAP HR & Workforce AnalystOther
- FTProduction Support AnalystOther
- CCOperational Readiness ExpertVIC