Senior Business Analyst
Our Client, NSW Government is seeking to appoint a Senior Business Analyst on a 12 month contract basis with possibility of extension based on performance and business requirements.
The Senior Business Analyst will liaise with stakeholders and report progress to the Project Manager and ensure that information security, information management, privacy, auditing, procurement, probity and other relevant procedures and requirements are captured in accordance to Department policies and standards.
The Senior Business Analyst reports to the Business Analysis Practice Manager with no direct reports.
- Business Analysis - Across a portfolio of complex initiatives, take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisational change. Apply and monitor the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Design and Development of Systems and Processes - Identify, develop and implement business improvement opportunities on proposed and completed projects across a portfolio of complex initiatives. Also identify and develop opportunities for improving investment planning and delivery processes, developing proposals to senior management to address high priority issues.
- Maturity of Business Analysis Capability - Bring to bear extensive experience in the application of industry standard frameworks and methodologies to drive increased maturity in ICTs internal processes in the areas of Business Analysis and Business Process Management.
- Stakeholder/Relationship Management - . Assist the Business Analysis Practice Manager, Principal Manager Business Solutions, Project Managers and Solution Architects to build positive working relationships with stakeholders. Be able to work directly with senior management in understanding their strategic objectives.
- Business Case Development - Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks. Identify stakeholders and their business needs.
- Monitoring and Reporting - Lead the development, implementation and improvement of efficient and comprehensive monitoring and reporting systems required to support the management of projects.
- Benefits Realisation - As required undertake or support post implementation benefits realisation reviews of projects.
- Change Leadership - Contribute to change across the portfolio to support both the vision for IT and the development of customer focused strategies, programs and initiatives.KEY
- Driving improvements in the internal processes of an organisation with varying levels of technical and process maturity
- Keeping abreast of current and emerging best practice in business analysis and driving improvements on internal processes based on these developments.
- Developing, maintaining and managing relationships and communications with senior stakeholders, meeting the challenges with confidence, and dealing with frequently conflicting and/or competing agendas of stakeholders.
- Identifying and reconciling inconsistent or conflicting objectives and drivers between senior stakeholders
- Reducing technical complexity where significant technical interdependencies exist
- Designing effective solutions that simultaneously meet business and IT objectives
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency essential
- Experience with Digital Engineering would be advantageous.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience conducting analysis of business needs across a complex portfolio of initiatives in a federated or multi-sourced environment.
- Strong knowledge of and extensive experience in the application of; contemporary business analysis best-practice methodologies and processes such as BABOK and UML. This includes leading and mentoring other business analysts in the application of these methodologies and processes.
- Experience in defining strategies for delivering business intelligence solutions to deliver exceptional business value.
- Experience in the development and delivery of visual analytics solutions which make use of technologies such as such as Tableau with a strong understanding of best practice design principles.
- Previous experience in dashboard development.
- Has a background in the rapid delivery of business intelligence initiatives that make use of diverse and complex data sources.
- Previous exposure to road/maritime safety data centric projects.
- Comfortable playing a lead change management role, specifically being able to communicate confidently and effectively to large groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills including, a strong ability to communicate and influence effectively across the most senior levels of the organisation.
- Proven experience interpreting and translating analysis results into insightful, clear and succinct technical specifications and requirement documentation with tangible examples of where insights from best-practice analysis methodologies have resulted in value adding business outcomes.
- Superior analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills with emphasis on developing quality technical specifications.
- Proven experience working independently and/or with multidisciplinary teams including the management and mentoring of other business analysts.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience with at least 5 years' experience in business analysis. CBAP or equivalent certification preferred
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Jobs you may also be interested in ...
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Join the newsletter!
- CES 2018: 20 Great Gadgets We Saw On The Show Floor And Beyond
- CES 2018: Hisense's 2018 TV Lineup Is 'A Whole Other Story' For Australians
- CES 2018: Who Were The Winners?
- Garmin Announces New Vivofit 4
- Microsoft is shutting down its free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in 24 hours
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPIncident ManagerNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Security and Identity Management SpecialistACT
- CCSolution Delivery Manager/Tech LeadNSW
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerOther
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSolution Architect - HealthQLD
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTIntegration Technical LeadOther
- FTMobile Application DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Health - Data Linkage SystemQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack Developer | APIOther
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Scrum MasterVIC
- FTSenior DevOps EngineerOther
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- CCCyber Security Team/stream LeadVIC