Linux System Administration
- Exciting opportunity
- Melbourne CBD | Close to great amenities
- Linux, AIX, Solaris and Open Source software experience essential
We are currently looking for Linux System Administrators with strong knowledge of Linux, AIX, Solaris and Open Source software for 6 month.
We are currently looking for a Linux Administrator with extensive Linux, AIX, Solaris and Open Source software experience for a 6 months contract based in the Melbourne CBD.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading Australian organisation, extremely well branded with a very corporate environment. Great Melbourne CBD location, close to all transport and shops.
A dynamic and flexible environment will provide for the right candidate experience with an Enterprise Giant
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Having good knowledge in Linux, AIX and Solaris
- Good experience to handle all type of agent deployment
- Plan upgrades and other changes to the Midrange environment
- Actively and pre-emptively determine possible failure faults and causes
- Provide Team Leaders/managers with input re projects/direction when required
- Manage and resolve problems identified by users or monitoring software
- Work with change and problem management tools
- Provide technical assistance to the other members of the System Administration team and Share knowledge/experiences
- Liaise with customer accounts as required
- Three year's experience as a Linux Systems Administrator.
- Knowledge of open source.
- A good understanding of disk and file system related facilities such as LVM, Multipath SAN.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience with virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, QEMU, LPAR etc.
- Installation and maintenance of Linux enterprise distributions from Red Hat and Novel.
- GPFS exposure, Veritas Clustering, AIX AND Solaris
- Experience with performance management monitoring and problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to perform Operating System upgrades
- Ability to supervise others.
- Installation, maintenance and support of Linux enterprise distributions.
- Perform problem determination and resolution
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and prioritise in accordance with workload priorities and team leader's directions.
- Support project schedule and tasks as assigned, and deliver to the schedule.
- Implement change in accordance with change procedures
- Manage problem resolution in accordance with severity and via the project team structure, or as appropriate via problem management processes and tools.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Birka Affleck on 0386804227. Please quote our job reference number: 200166595.
Reference Number: 200166595_3
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- BenQ unveils a pair of new ergonomic eSports mice
- Microsoft's path to a smarter Bing and Cortana includes tapping Reddit users' opinions
- Linksys WRT32X review: An esports-grade router in a class of its own
- BuyDig has a 27-inch 4K monitor with FreeSync for $350
- Try VR for cheap: Windows Mixed Reality headsets are on sale for nearly half off today
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContracts OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCAxway DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Services AdministratorVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- TPLevel 1 Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- CCTechnical Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- CCProject Manager (Credit Card Disputes) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- FTMicrofocus Cobol DeveloperOther
- FTSAP SD/EDI Support ConsultantOther
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneyVIC
- CCControl Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCPega ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness and Test Analyst | Student Management SystemQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager | LIS Program | IntegrationQLD
- FTSecurity Technical LeadOther
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- CCLinux Platform/Development SpecialistACT
- FTICT Contracts and Sourcing ManagerACT