Senior Business Analyst
Our Client, NSW Government is seeking to appoint a Senior Business Analyst to join the team on an initial 6 months contract basis.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for driving high level analysis and strategic advice to support ICT project decision making, planning and delivery across a portfolio of complex initiatives.
The role acts as the pivotal link between the business units and ICT ensuring that business/user requirements are understood and articulated for correct solution implementation.
The Senior Business Analyst is also responsible for conducting the detailed investigations, analysis and evaluation of functional and non-functional requirements, identifying the issues, risks and benefits that are then consolidated into a formal business case and submitted for consideration by customers and stakeholders.
The Senior Business Analyst is a trusted business partner who brings to bear extensive experience, deep analytical insight and expertise in industry standard frameworks and methodologies to support the business in achieving their desired benefits.
With extensive experience in the application of industry standard frameworks and methodologies, the Senior Business Analyst is also able to drive increased maturity in ICTs internal processes in the areas of Business Analysis and Business Process Management.
* Business Analysis - Across a portfolio of complex initiatives, take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisational change. Apply and monitor the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
* Design and Development of Systems and Processes - Identify, develop and implement business improvement opportunities on proposed and completed projects across a portfolio of complex initiatives. Also identify and develop opportunities for improving investment planning and delivery processes, developing proposals to senior management to address high priority issues.
* Maturity of Business Analysis Capability - Bring to bear extensive experience in the application of industry standard frameworks and methodologies to drive increased maturity in ICTs internal processes in the areas of Business Analysis and Business Process Management.
* Stakeholder/Relationship Management - . Assist the Business Analysis Practice Manager, Principal Manager Business Solutions, Project Managers and Solution Architects to build positive working relationships with stakeholders. Be able to work directly with senior management in understanding their strategic objectives.
* Teamwork / Leadership - Work cooperatively within a team, exchange information and assist other team members to achieve team objectives and work outcomes. Manage other business analysts on large and complex pieces of work.
* Business Case Development - Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks. Identify stakeholders and their business needs.
* Technical Specifications - Ensure technical specifications are developed that communicate user requirements in technical terms for submission to systems development project teams.
* Monitoring and Reporting - Lead the development, implementation and improvement of efficient and comprehensive monitoring and reporting systems required to support the management of projects.
* Benefits Realisation - As required undertake or support post implementation benefits realisation reviews of projects.
* Change Leadership - Contribute to change across the portfolio to support both the vision for IT and the development of customer focused strategies, programs and initiatives.
* Operational Management - Contribute to the development and management of branch business plans, budgets and risk management plans.
* Safety - Comply with the System Requirement, Safety Responsibilities, Authorities and Accountabilities within the Safety Management System.
* Ethics and probity - Comply with the Public Sector Values of Integrity, Trust, Service and Accountability, and the organisation's Code of Conduct, and manage business processes to ensure the proactive identification of risk and the review and improvement of systems designed to minimise or eliminate fraud and corruption.
* Driving improvements in the internal processes of an organisation with varying levels of technical and process maturity
* Keeping abreast of current and emerging best practice in business analysis and driving improvements on internal processes based on these developments.
* Developing, maintaining and managing relationships and communications with senior stakeholders, meeting the challenges with confidence, and dealing with frequently conflicting and/or competing agendas of stakeholders.
* Identifying and reconciling inconsistent or conflicting objectives and drivers between senior stakeholders
* Reducing technical complexity where significant technical interdependencies exist
* Designing effective solutions that simultaneously meet business and IT objectives
Key external relationships:
This role will be required to interface on a regular basis with other divisions of the Government department, as well as operating agencies such as State Transit Authority and Roads and Maritime Services and other government agencies.
Other key external relationships include:
* Vendors and/or third party suppliers
* Australian Citizen or Permanent residency essential
* Relevant Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience with at least 5 years experience in business analysis. CBAP or equivalent certification preferred.
* Extensive experience in electronic document and records management, ideally with Objective.
* Extensive and demonstrated experience conducting analysis of business needs across a complex portfolio of initiatives in a federated or multi-sourced environment.
* Strong knowledge of; and extensive experience in the application of; contemporary business analysis best-practice methodologies and processes such as BABOK and UML. This includes leading and mentoring other business analysts in the application of these methodologies and processes.
* Strong interpersonal skills including, a strong ability to communicate and influence effectively across the most senior levels of the organisation.
* Proven experience interpreting and translating analysis results into insightful, clear and succinct technical specifications and requirement documentation with tangible examples of where insights from best-practice analysis methodologies have resulted in value adding business outcomes.
* Superior analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills with emphasis on developing quality technical specifications.
* Proven experience working independently and/or with multidisciplinary teams including the management and mentoring of other business analysts.
* Ability to operate within the values of impartiality; integrity; trust; service; accountability and safety. To carry out responsibilities with professionalism, fairness and commitment and to do so in order to place the customer at the centre of all that is produced and delivered.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Hyperwallet Facilitates AUD transfers for Amazon Sellers
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Keep Watch Day and Night with Uniden’s Two-In-One Camera and Spotlight
- Foxtel Now Streams to Apple TV with AirPlay
- Best holiday laptop deals
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCLinux Platform/Development SpecialistNSW
- FTService Management CoordinatorSA
- FTField ConsultantOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- FTMid-Level Business Analyst (Digital Transformation)NSW
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- CCWeb Writers/EditorsVIC
- FTApplication Support ConsultantVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst - IntermediateQLD
- TPSecurity Design OfficerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW