Technical/ Architecture Java Lead
- Melbourne CBD
- Fantastic Fin/ Tech Product Development organisation
- Work with a multi functional Data/ Risk Team
Technical/ Architecture Java Lead, thought leadershp, high volume, real time apps, algorithms, rules engines, drools, machine learning, Melb CBD
This is an opportunity to join a unique business, solving a worldwide problem utilizing technology to build bespoke systems on a global scale. This role will suit a Technology Lead/ Thought Leader who is a bigger picture type thinker, someone who wants to make an impact and is happy to be involved in all areas of Risk/ Decisioning and Security.
You will have strong prior knowledge/ commercial experience with cool, innovative and cutting edge software solutions that will be data-driven and carry real-time finance decision capability. You will be a data-driven thought leader within the organisation, responsible for prototyping and delivering production ready software.
- Prototype and develop rules and scoring based (predictive models and scorecards) systems to support real time transaction risk assessment, fraud detection and other functions
- Research and prototype machine learning based approach for transaction decisioning
- Participate in the evolution of the overarching payment platform architecture through the architecture working group
- Collaborate with product owners to build efficient and reliable feature implementations that will delight our customers whilst managing the risk of the business
- Maintain and author backend data services to underpin decisioning systems
- Maintain a high-fidelity suite of automated tests
- Ensure that story estimates and code reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Foster the use of the agile software process
- Care about clean code, reliability and continually fight to reduce complexity
- 5 + years of commercial experience as a Tech Lead with cutting edge payment software solutions that will be data-driven and carry real-time finance decision capability
- A first hand understanding of the trade-offs between rules, scorecards and machine learning decisioning
- Strong software engineering fundamentals with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated commercial experience building data-driven decision systems
- Expert in rules engines, including rules definition and management, preferably experienced with Drools
- A track record of software development, preferably using Java or a JVM language
- Able to build testable, decoupled, maintainable high-quality production code
- The ability to build real-time distributed software-as-a-service systems
- You are passionate about agile processes, data-driven development, reliability and validated learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant field (ideal)
Apply now by sending your CV in word format and one of our consultants will give you a call to have a confidential discussion.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Kenny Nerlekar on 03 8680 4202. Please quote our job reference number: 200169426.
Reference Number: 200169426_20
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data Centre refreshOther
- TPDigital StategistACT
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTRisk Specialist - 6 month contractOther
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectOther
- FTDelphi DeveloperOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectVIC
- TPTechnical Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW