Front End Designer/Developer
Our Client, NSW Government is seeking to appoint a Front End Designer/Developer on a contract basis for initially 6 months with the view to extension based on performance and business requirements.
The Primary purpose of the role is to contribute to the design, development and continual improvement of digital solutions across Web, Mobile and Multi-media applications to ensure positive user experience.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Create innovative digital experiences that successfully blend together user needs, technology and existing Institute brand assets.
- Develop concepts, storyboards and working prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to stakeholders and other team members.
- Research and recommend new technologies to ensure the Institute remains innovative with the required capability to deliver quality projects and outcomes.
- Design user interface elements that work across browsers, devices and meets Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards for accessibility.
- Participate in projects in line with the Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) framework to ensure change and release management are effectively managed.
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation and documentation produced during the system development life cycle to support the effective ongoing operation and delivery of services and projects.
Key challenges include:
- Maintaining current knowledge of contemporary trends and developments within user experience design and front-end development, and identifying solutions to enhance ICT Services and meet future business needs given the range of activities undertaken by the Institute.
- Ensuring the ITIL framework is adhered to in the development of all new solutions given the range of variables and stakeholders concerned.
- Managing multiple projects concurrently, whilst addressing diverse stakeholder needs in providing services given the variety and complexity of projects.
- Solid design skills based on expert knowledge of fundamental design principles, colour theory and typography Knowledge and understanding of user centred design process fundamentals and methodologies.
- A strong desire to solve usability related challenges and find the most innovative solution to a problem.
- Digital design experience able to interpretate Print/Media
- Experienced with Print work online
- Enjoys taking ownership of work
- Tertiary qualifications in Design or Computer Science or demonstrated, equivalent professional experience and training Experience in developing and implementing technology solutions and applications.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of high quality digital/ website applications.
- Contribute to the provision of applications services across the Institute and the completion of projects managed within required timeframes and at agreed quality standards.
- Responsible for the content of advice provided to the Manager Application Development and Maintenance and the Chief Information Officer with respect to the user experience and front-end technical requirements of projects.
- All contingent workers engaged by the NSW Government Department are required to complete a NSW Police Check.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Logitech Powerplay review
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Migration EngineerOther
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- FTPega / BPM DevelopersACT
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantQLD
- FTClient PrincipalOther
- TPStrategic Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- TPBusiness Process Consultant DigitalVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTAnalyst Programmer / DeveloperOther
- FTProgram Director - Financial ServicesOther
- FTFront-End Developer - BankingVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTProject SchedulersSA
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PaymentsOther
- FTBusiness Analyst (SAP Application )Other
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps Support EngineerOther
- FTSenior Network ConsultantOther
- CCFinance AnalystVIC