Solutions Architect - CANBERRA BASED
- Initial 12 month contract with extensions
- CANBERRA BASED
- Australian Citizenship mandatory
Contract for a Solutions Architect with experience in architecting solutions, build, Big Data platforms and working with masses of unstructured data
Long term contract opportunity for a Solution Architect with demonstrated experience in architecting solutions, build, working with Big Data platforms (Hadoop, NoSQL databases, etc) and working with large masses of unstructured data.
The Solution Architect to be in involved in the development and implementation of ICT infrastructure, business applications and solutions. The Solution Architect will also ensure that these systems effectively and efficiently underpin core business processes and comply with internal and external requirements to support a number of projects within a Data and Analytics program.
Duration: Initial 12 month contract with 2x 6 month extension options
- Formal qualifications in a computer science or software engineering related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution, or demonstrated equivalent skills or experience.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills with an emphasis on a business approach to problem solving.
- Extensive experience working in complex and dynamic business and technical environments and in the integration of systems and applications.
- Experience in Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, NoSql databases, massively parallel computation platforms, processing of large amounts of unstructured information, business intelligence and reporting systems, and analytical techniques.
- Previous background in working with or within risk intelligence organisations would be desirable.
- Understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies.
This role will:
- Consult with vendors and technical specialists to support the design, development and handover to operations of ICT infrastructure, business applications and solutions;
- Use business requirements to carry out high level analysis and design of all components required to provide an ICT solution;
- Proactively and operationally deliver innovative ICT solution consultancy services that support the business and ICT needs;
- Provide technical leadership in project activities and provide technical support to project managers;
- With particular emphasis on solution support and transition to production and the effective performance of all applications and ICT infrastructure and alignment with the ICT portfolio and compliance of designed solutions with the Department's enterprise architecture.
Specific tasks and deliverables:
- Identify, collate, analyse and document conceptual solutions that will resolve particular business problems.
- Lead the development of current and future state data requirements for a given domain.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to understand the problem including project managers, business analysts, domain and enterprise architects, data scientists, programmers and other relevant stakeholders in order to provide a solution.
- Maintain a complete and version controlled set of business and technology modelling documents that underpin an end-to-end solution.
- Contribute to the architectural practice in the business intelligence, data discovery, information management, automated real-time risk assessment, client profiling and advanced analytics capabilities.
Please note that only AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS are eligible to apply for this role.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Nicole Folkard on 02 61519217. Please quote our job reference number: 200168803.
Reference Number: 200168803_5
Contact Details: Nicole Folkard | 02 6151 9217
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nicole Folkard
Contact Phone: 02 6151 9217
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
- Jackery Titan S 20100 review: An affordable battery that packs a punch
- Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD review: Everything you want in a battery pack
- Samsung Fast Charge Portable Battery Pack 5100 review: Slim, portable, and full of energy
- RAVPower 20100 review: USB-C and QC 3.0 together
- Aukey 30000 PowerBank with Power Delivery review: A respectable upgrade
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCAlliance ManagerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCProgrammer Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTDigital Security Architect - AWSQLD
- TPeLearning Developer / TrainerVIC
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Support SpecialistOther
- CCMS-SQL Designer and DB2 Designer - Two rolesVIC
- CCProject Manager - Oracle Financials - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical Architect - CANBERRA BASEDSA
- FTImplementation LeadQLD
- FTProject AnalystOther
- FTResource Planner / SchedulerOther
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- CCAgile Business AnalystWA
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCTechnical Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCProduct Owner - TelcoVIC
- FTIntermediate BI DeveloperOther