Exciting Government Project
Long Term Contracting Role
Good Rates of Pay
Our Client, NSW Government is seeking to appoint a Splunk Architect for a contract role running for 12 months with potential for further extensions.
The role is to deliver complex, Client Splunk deployment and configurations.
Extensive experience operating and maintaining Splunk log management infrastructure and leverage knowledge on a number of areas:
- IT operations, DevOps, Analytics, Information Security, and networking.
- Comprehensive experience communicating and interfacing with key project stakeholders.
- Engineer, configure, & deploy Splunk products.
- Log management solutions.
- Develop automation for security tools management.
- Create customized search heads.
- Develop adhoc searches using your programming & development expertise in languages such as Java, Python, Shell scripting, and/or regular expression
- Perform ongoing system administration
- Monitor and resolve issue/bug tickets related to Splunk.
- Help drive end-user adoption of Splunk through documentation, support and training of new and current employees.
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help related materials for users (eg. Splunk Reference Guide).
- Drive standards within Splunk implementation.
- Project manage activities related to Splunk customizations and/or developments.
- Maturing and formalising the processes around Splunk Support in conjunction with Group IT Departments, Business stakeholders/sponsors and external parties for improved collaboration and outcomes.
- Managing the Splunk Platform which requires the coordinated cooperation of multiple internal and external parties to deliver outcomes.
- Identifying, prioritising and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders, multiple change and work programs and a complex business environment undergoing significant change and increasing the maturity of how they work with Group IT.
- Maintaining high availability for the Splunk platform.
- Keeping up to date with fast moving developments in the industry and professional practice to embrace and implement best practice or contemporary approaches to improve both quality and efficiency.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with rule and advanced logic creation within SPLUNK
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment, including SaaS environments
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, with a focus on security event logging
- Knowledge of regular expressions
- Splunk Certified Administrator, Splunk Certified Architect and/or Splunk Certified Consultant
- Knowledge of ITIL processes including technical change management principles and approaches and experience in contributing to change advisory board activities.
- Well-developed understanding of application lifecycle management, application/solution architectures, tools, methods, standards, processes and information, particularly in relation to Splunk.
- Highly developed organisational, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Expert level competency with the MS Office suite and other MS products, particularly: Powerpoint, Visio, Project, Excel and Word.
- Ability to operate within the values of impartiality, integrity, trust, service, accountability and safety. To carry out responsibilities with professionalism, fairness and commitment and to do so in order to place the customer at the centre of all that is produced and delivered.
- The Splunk monitoring implementation, administration and development will be delivered as part of the ITRP Program where these skills are required.
- Extensive experience in complex client Splunk deployments and configurations.
- Must have extensive experience to operate and maintain Splunk log management infrastructure and leverage knowledge on a number of areas including: IT operations, DevOps, Analytics, Information Security, and networking.
- The ideal candidate will have comprehensive experience communicating and interfacing with key project stakeholders.
- The Splunk Architect will engineer, configure, & deploy Splunk products and log management solutions, develop automation for security tools management, create customized search heads, and develop adhoc searches using your programming & development expertise in languages such as Java, Python, Shell scripting, and/or regular expression.
Key deliverables of this role are:
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
- Jackery Titan S 20100 review: An affordable battery that packs a punch
- Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD review: Everything you want in a battery pack
- Samsung Fast Charge Portable Battery Pack 5100 review: Slim, portable, and full of energy
- RAVPower 20100 review: USB-C and QC 3.0 together
- Aukey 30000 PowerBank with Power Delivery review: A respectable upgrade
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPData ModellerACT
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C#, .NETVIC
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- CCLinux EngineerQLD
- FTReporting Analyst - End User ComputingOther
- CCDeveloper - KofaxQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior DevOps Engineer - up to $800 pdOther
- CCL2 Service Desk TechnicianWA
- FTSenior Cloud Platform EngineerOther
- FTSOE EngineerOther
- FTInformation Security Accreditations AdvisorOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - DesktopOther
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Mobile ApplicationsOther
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Coordinator/ Junior Project ManagerOther
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - InfrastructureACT
- CCStore Project Coordinator - Large Retail ProjectNSW