- Parramatta location
- Contract Opportunity
- Challenging environment.
An exciting opportunity for a Technical Specialist to join a well regarded govt team.
A new and exciting role has arisen for a Technical specialist to join a well regarded Govt team.
About the role:
- Responsible for refresh of physical and virtual servers and associated operating systems;
- Responsible for migration of applications from legacy servers and operating systems e.g. Windows Server 2003 to strategic platforms (virtualised and consolidated);
- Work closely with Technology support teams and applications teams to coordinate migrations while ensuring minimal disruption to business;
- Documentation and presentation of technical solutions and change requests;
- Assist with disaster recovery tests and production cutover;
- Drive the implementation of technical solutions as it relates to the refresh of Servers, Storage or Operating Systems;
- Report to Project Manager and manage communications with technology operations, systems and external vendor specialists;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Demonstrated experience in Server technologies e.g. Blades/Chassis, Virtualisation, Operating Systems specifically Windows Operating Systems and Linux;
- Demonstrated experience in migrating applications from legacy platforms to new platforms - hardware and operating systems;
- Demonstrated experience to be able to coordinate amongst several operational and applications teams to implement a solution;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Microsoft physical and virtual standard operating environments sufficient to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users;
- Demonstrated high level of drive, determination and organization skills in overcoming project obstacles to meet targets;
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies specifically in relation of Virtualisation and databases;
- Knowledge of IT-as-a-Service model including Platform-as-a-Service within large organisations;
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN, NAS and backup) Technologies;
- Knowledge of Networking technologies - LAN and WAN;
- Knowledge of data centre installations e.g. racking, cabling, etc.
- Technical Specialist for hyper converged based virtualisation infrastructure in a VMWare environment utilising vSphere, vMotion, vCenter, vSAN and NSX technology stack for virtual data centres, private cloud solutions as well as solutions based on public cloud services migrations (AWS, Azure).
- Migration of Virtual Machines from legacy operating environments to the above target platform solution.
- Work with the Solution Architect in design workshops and documentation reviews.
- Support transition of operational support staff to new target environments i.e. providing knowledge transfers to Operations teams.
- Experience configuring Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) using VMWare technologies (vSAN, NSX) as the target environment from legacy operating environments.
- Experience in the migration of Virtual Machines from private to secure public cloud service providers as a target solution platform.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, Linux, JBoss products, services and technology solution environments including in house and cloud offerings.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Aishwarya Raghotham on 02 9464 5514. Please quote our job reference number: 200170132.
Reference Number: 200170132_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
- Jackery Titan S 20100 review: An affordable battery that packs a punch
- Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD review: Everything you want in a battery pack
- Samsung Fast Charge Portable Battery Pack 5100 review: Slim, portable, and full of energy
- RAVPower 20100 review: USB-C and QC 3.0 together
- Aukey 30000 PowerBank with Power Delivery review: A respectable upgrade
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJunior ICT Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) Developer- CANBERRA BASEDQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Wintel) - Midrange L1 & L2ACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- CCAlliance ManagerNSW
- CCCollaboration tools ManagerVIC
- FTHR Systems and Reporting AnalystQLD
- CCCustomer Experience (CX) Designer - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - SpotfireOther
- CCProject Manager - BrisbaneNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9ACT
- CCGaming DevelopersQLD
- TPExpression of Interest - Multiple RolesACT
- TPData ModellerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Apps TesterWA
- CCSAP ConsultantOther
- FTDigital Account Director - Search & SocialNSW
- FTSenior Wintel Server EngineerOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCStore Project Coordinator - Large Retail ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - DesktopOther