Notebook memory upgrade: Dell Vostro 3500
James Hopkin has worked in the Australian computer industry since 1987. He founded Upgradeable.com in 1999 as an independent online source for computer memory upgrades. From day one the Upgradeable way has been to help computer users easily upgrade their systems.
The Dell Vostro 3500 has the following specifications:
Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10666, 1333MHz, 204-PIN SO-DIMM
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Configuration: 2 Memory Slots
Base Memory (Non-Removable): 0MB
Before you begin the installation, it's worth considering backing up any critical files in the event of a problem occurring. DO NOT install the memory while the computer is in standby or hibernation mode. Ensure that the system is completely powered down.
This is simply done to remove any static electricity from your body so that accidental zaps don't damage your memory modules. While your computer is still plugged into the wall, touch a metal part of your computer. If you leave your computer you will need to ground yourself again. Alternatively, you can invest in an anti-static strap and clip yourself to a grounded piece of metal.
Once the computer is completely shutdown, remove all plugs and the power cable from the computer. As you are upgrading a notebook it is also important to remove the battery.
Always keep the memory modules in their anti-static bag until you are ready to begin the installation. Handle the modules only by the edges and don't touch the gold pins. No tools are required to remove or fit memory modules and using tools can cause damage to the modules.
Removing the Battery.
1. Slide the battery release latch to the unlock position.
2. Slide the other battery release latch to the unlock position.
3. Slide the battery and remove it from the computer.
Removing the Base Cover
1. Remove the screws that secure the base cover to the computer.
2. Lift up the base cover and remove it from the computer.
Installing the Memory
1. Locate the memory slot on the base of the notebook.
2. To replace an existing memory module, spread both clips on either side of the memory slot to release it. To remove the memory module from the slot, hold it by the edges and slide it out at a 45 degree angle.
3. To install the new memory, hold the module at a 45 degree angle and align the notch on the module with the notch located in the memory slot.
4. Gently push the module in then down until the clips on both sides click to lock the module in place.
5. Make sure the module is firmly in the slot and that's it's not moving. Otherwise, reinstall the module by repeating steps 2 to 4.
6. Replace the base cover by reversing the instructions for its removal.
7. Replace the battery and any removed accessories.
You're done! Once you have closed your computer and reattached all the accessories that were connected, it's time to switch it on. No software or settings will need to be changed as the computer detects the memory upgrade automatically.
Find more memory upgrades at: www.upgradeable.com.au.
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Sony α9 Camera review: mirrorless cameras find their flagship of flagships
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Black Friday laptop buyer's guide
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Operations AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Migration EngineerOther
- TPService Delivery ManagerACT
- TPSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSharePoint Admin & Developer- Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTApplication Support Technical LeadQLD
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTIT Graduate / Junior Project AdministratorOther
- FTJunior Business AnalystACT
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTTableau DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - (Urgent)Other
- CCAdlib DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTSplunk Engineer - starting next yearACT
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC